Timewarp 1993 Kona Kilauea - SOLD

mousemat

Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Still on the clearout mission it's with regret that I have to be realistic and let one of my bikes go. The Handjob is my everyday ride, the Pace was my boyhood dream and the Hot took me way too long to find to get rid of! So the axe must fall on the Kilauea. I bought this off eBay a little while ago as it was too good a bike to pass up and 1993 is my very favourite Kona year. It was 90% original with Rock Shox Quadra fork fitted and missing the saddle. I have since found an original 1993 Race Light saddle and added a set of 1993 Project 2 triple butted and some Joe's clips. The previous (and original) owner had really looked after this bike and it came with the original handbook and price tag! It's not showroom perfect, there are the odd small marks and a tiny bit of chain slap on the drive side stay, but very good for 16 years old.

Other than the addition of some Onza bar ends the only non as sold items are the grips, brake pads, a new BB and it's been re-cabled.

Spec as follows:

Frame: Tange Prestige Concept main triangle, superlight rear triangle

Fork: Project 2 triple butted

Headset: Joe Murray Impact
Stem: Velocity
Handlebar: Kona Race Light 165
Grips: Bontrager?
Barends: Onza
Brakes: Dia-Compe 987
Brake Levers: Ritchey Logic
Shifters: XT thumbies
Front Derailleur: XT M735
Rear Derailleur: XT M735
Cranks: Sugino XD500
Bottom Bracket: Cartridge
Pedals: Kona with Joe's Clips
Rims: Kona 399
Hubs: Deore LX
Tyres: Kona A:\Drive & B:\Drive
Saddle: Kona Race Light Leather
Seatpost: Kona Race Light
Seatpost Binder: Kona

Also included are the Rock Shox Quadra with spare hard elastomers.

£400 collection preferred or can post at cost.

IMG_2727.jpg

IMG_2728.jpg

IMG_2729.jpg

IMG_2730.jpg

IMG_2731.jpg

IMG_2732.jpg

IMG_2734.jpg

IMG_2733.jpg

IMG_2735.jpg

I know you probably won't, and I hope you don't, but if you do split this fine specimen could I please have first dibbaroonies on the seatpost?

good luck with the sale old bean :D

All it needs is spds on it (take the bar ends off) and ride it :cool: time warp back to the 90's :D

Back