Klein Adroit

Archangel":1r8vxer7 said:
haggis":1r8vxer7 said:
due to the increase in oil prices

Yeah, right. Due to the increasing greediness amongst eBay sellers who try to max out on profit.

not too far off for UPS and FedEx shipping + packaging and material

Carsten

Klein

If he can post it to anywhere in the US for $125, which would obviously include packaging and materials then why the extra $375?

Carsten":rhtp2asw said:
Archangel":rhtp2asw said:
haggis":rhtp2asw said:
due to the increase in oil prices

Yeah, right. Due to the increasing greediness amongst eBay sellers who try to max out on profit.

not too far off for UPS and FedEx shipping + packaging and material

Carsten

correct,..the shipping costs from Amsterdam 2 NY (Serotta) cost me like 240 euro with UPS,..with the current exchange rate to dollars it is not that much off.

Well, yeah with UPS or FedEx it is that expensive but not with USPS. I've got a few bikes shipped from the US with USPS for approx. 330-370 USD...
And if you ship the frame and wheels in separate boxes, you can manage the shipping for about 150-200 USD.

Archangel":292q3rd0 said:
Well, yeah with UPS or FedEx it is that expensive but not with USPS. I've got a few bikes shipped from the US with USPS for approx. 330-370 USD...
And if you ship the frame and wheels in separate boxes, you can manage the shipping for about 150-200 USD.

for me it was 240 euro frame only,..

it's the same discussion on and on. yes, it is possible to ship a bike for less to europe. 3 weeks ago i shipped a complete bike incl. wheels and suspension fork to europe via USPS. i got everything in one box and USPS charged $132 incl. some insurance (they have a maximum of $650 per parcel). however, it took me several hours to take the bike apart, build the box to stay within the USPS size limits and bring it to the post office. figure $50 per hour and the saving is not that big and i can well understand if a seller doesn't want to do it or does not feel able to do it.

UPS and FedEx accept standard bike boxes so the seller only has to take the front wheel out and turn the handlebars around and they will even come and pick the box up - very convenient.

Carsten

Back