Great video

Just watched it :D Got to agree. Nice way to start a Saturday morning :D

Just in case you read this comment in a few days after watching the vid, I wrote this on a Saturday :!: :!: Then you'll see why I wrote this comment :?

Saturday mornings what are they aint seen one of them things called a weekend in a while as wife works nights and with four kids and the youngest two are 2 and 4 then i dont get to see my bike of a weekend. that video is class though and a relaxing day out on the bike would go down a treat and not just to use on school runs.

Now I want to go riding... I think the 8week old in my arms might have something to say (or make noise) about that though!

right who's up for a babysitting rota? :LOL:

we'll take it in turns and it'll mean we can get out on our bikes!

orange71":8pni5g01 said:

my boys are keeping me home today instead of wales .

I need to wait a few years before I can take them along .

orange71":3eiet8mm said:

Good idea and the one who's doing the sitting could attach a baby buggy to his bike. That way everyone rides :D

Attachments

• 634-85-full-tra082-4.jpg
    634-85-full-tra082-4.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 1,294
speedplay":3tqzalx9 said:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dWg-J6Bzj4w
This one is good too.

Hmm. This one pretty much sums up where mountain biking "went wrong" for me, about the very end of the 90s.

Yeah, we all enjoy the occasional blast down hills. But those guys certainly aren't taking the time to "smell the roses"; they're not out in the countryside, absorbing it all, observing it all, they're just kids out on a glorified BMX track, or some kind of bobsleigh run.

In many ways, that's fine - we all have our preferences and there's nothing at all wrong with either BMX tracks or bobsleigh runs - but this kind of stuff seems to be where the bike industry is almost 100% focused.

Those of us who prefer the "simple life" (imagine, actually enjoying picking your way through difficult terrain, getting it all fed back from the bike to your senses, up technical climbs, every tiny energy input critical) don't really have a great deal of choice of reasonably priced, light, simple and nimble bikes and components designed to work well for a long time.

Pretty much everything seems to be designed and built with the expectation that it's going to be used for ridiculous jumps etc and is consequently oversized, overweight, ugly and seems to be pretty much disposable.

Oh well, looks like I'm a confirmed dinosaur... thankfully we have retrobike and NOS components :) If only we could get back MTB Pro too... (with Mint Sauce - I can't believe he still lives in MBUK - or does he? I've not been able to bring myself to buy a copy for years!)

Just my own grumpy opinions, and I'm not that old really - not even 30 yet (just) :D

Back