check you old mag 20's!

jonnyboy666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
i went into my old shop today and saw these mag 20's! :shock:

now most of us know that these older styles crowns weren't the best but for those that don't know it's worth checking yours!

and for the record the story with this particular fork is that the guy brought them in and is claiming warranty!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll: :roll: apparently he's been on to Sram etc, shouted at the boss of the shop and generally made a poohead of himself! for christ sake they're 20 years old!!!

but the quote was "these were £300 when i bought them and they should last!!!"

what a douche bag.

Attachments

• rockshox.jpg
    rockshox.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 1,903
  • rockshox2.jpg
    rockshox2.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 1,903
  • rockshox3.jpg
    rockshox3.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 1,903
  • rockshox4.jpg
    rockshox4.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 1,903
Don't chuck them in the bin, I could do with some parts of that, unless you know the o-ring size of the tiny o-ring between the damper rod section on bit where it fixes against.
iirc similar thing happened to mine BitD hence I would never use one now and always fit a newer '93 at least crown.

apparently the guy hasn't been told to sod off yet (or rather he wanted to be told to sod off by someone other other than the shop guys so the details have been sent to the importer who have said sod off in not so many words)
but the customer hasn't specifically been told that yet, but i was gonna blag them if possible for spares myself if i can.

jonnyboy666":tloio6jg said:
i went into my old shop today and saw these mag 20's! :shock:

now most of us know that these older styles crowns weren't the best but for those that don't know it's worth checking yours!

and for the record the story with this particular fork is that the guy brought them in and is claiming warranty!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll: :roll: apparently he's been on to Sram etc, shouted at the boss of the shop and generally made a poohead of himself! for christ sake they're 20 years old!!!

what a douche bag.

what a 'special' guy!

jonnyboy666":2ymwsczh said:

And my reply would be: certainly sir, when did you last have them serviced?

I have a beaten up set of Mag 21's if anyone is interested!!

Attachments

• DSC00999.JPG
    DSC00999.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 1,820
  • DSC01001.JPG
    DSC01001.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 1,820
  • DSC01004.JPG
    DSC01004.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 1,820
Should be taken as a stark reminder that this 20+ yr old bike stuff that we ride about on is generally past its 'use by' date and we all should take care to check it regularly, especially forks, bars and stems.

Was the guy riding the bike when the forks exploded?

i'd say there is corrosion related issues there
obvious neglect in the owner related maintenance area

misteroo how much ?

Back