Retrobike National Event Series: Rd 2 Thetford Aftermath

No stories etc, but just got back so before the stories etc..

A big thank you to all the organisers and guides - top ride and sausage and bacon rolls.

A great day, thanks to all who turned up and said hello, hello back to all the faces I can now put to usernames, too many to name but 'special' thanks to:

Rekiborter for his organising skills.

Danson67 for the lift

Letmetalktomark for the trail conversation

Dr.S for a quick go on the clunker

Jonnyboy666 for the 'stuff'

John for being John
Must mention Lewis for allowing 'slow & long' for the long & slow.

Attachments

• one or two attended.jpg
    one or two attended.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 6,837
Have uploaded some photos to Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/parkpreboi ... 889739814/

What an incredible turnout. I counted 40 riders and sure I missed a couple. Many thanks to all those that attended todays event. The distance some of you travelled astound me. Apologies for the slight lack of direction on the morning ride, we didn't do the route as it was planned but I think you got the essence of the natural trails on the BCP side of the forest. Big thank to Lewis for sorting out loads of stuff behind the scenes and doing a sterling job of leading the rides. Thank you to everyone that came along, I hope you enjoyed yourself and had a safe journey home.

Reki (The Sweeper)

Bike of the ride winner Drystonepaul with special award
5381411435_0db2eeb90e_b.jpg

Spirit of the ride winner Sithlord with NOS Bell helmet prize
5382017188_86ae3c994f_b.jpg

Excellent day out on the bike, loved all the tight twisty singletrack stuff in Thetford.

Nice to put a few faces to names, although I'll probably forget half of those names by the time the next event comes around!

Thanks to all who helped organise the ride & food at lunchtime

I don't have any pictures, but I heard a rumour that jonnyboy666 had taken over 400 pics by lunchtime :shock:

Plenty of other cameras out too, so I doubt this thread will be short of pictures :LOL:

I do have a GPS log of the mornings ride & most of the afternoon ride, the GPS packed up about 2 miles from the end :roll:

Morning ride GPS log: http://www.sports-tracker.com/#/workout ... c6jse31v13

Afternoon ride GPS log: http://www.sports-tracker.com/#/workout ... 8a0ju9mevs

Some simply beautiful bikes out today as well as some classics I remember from being a kid at school, I don't think there was a bike I wouldn't have liked to have had a go on, well except DrS's Klunker when pointing uphill!

Considering that this was the shakedown ride for my KHS I am very happy with the bike, not a single mechanical issue at all with it. I will be swapping the stem for a shorter one though, as I was sat on the nose of the saddle all day, even with the saddle all the way forwards on the rails!

For those who were asking about the Charge Splashback tyres, they were perfect for the conditions, plenty of grip & fast rolling, I'd recommend them ;)

Can't wait for round 1 at Cannock, it's got a lot to live up to :D

Pre-ride pic.

Having trapped the Ti-Mega man in a circle of retro, the days entertainments could begin.

Attachments

• IMG_8793_edited-1.jpg
    IMG_8793_edited-1.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 6,763
Terrific day. Very special array of bikes ( and riders of course).

Thanks for the organisation and congrats on not losing anyone.

See you at Cannock :D

wow, long day! got in about 40mins ago, absolutely knackered now!! :shock: :D

awesome day as i expected it would be! :D trails were as good as i'd remembered! :D

great to put faces to usernames, and good to meet people in real life for a change :D

shame my mate adam got lost (twice :roll: youngsters :roll: ) he did enjoy it though!

i have taken loads of pics but as i have to be up a daft o'clock for work tomorrow i will get them sorted after work tomorrow. I'll look for some good ones for this thread then upload the whole lot to photo bucket and then add a link so you can find pics of yourselves :D

thanks to lewis, chris, mark and dan (who couldn't be bothered to turn up as he was farting about on a boat in the sea somewhere for lots of green queens :roll: pitiful excuse! ;) ) and john and mark (sinnett)

now, food. :D :D

Just got back, long old drive but well worth it

Special thanks to Boy o Boy for the pineapple sugar boost during the final leg of round 2 , Lewis for the expert guides also to the well organised people in the cafe who did a sterling job :) (of keeping JB666 fully fueled :LOL: )

Was great to see an amazing turnout of people and of course the plentifull of display of retrobikes. Was nice to put some faces to names. Look forward to the next one.

I'm off to un pack now

Back