rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
in the US

eighties Ridge Runner

carbontech roadbike

51_1.JPG

83_1_b.JPG

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
what do you guys think of the miyata? oddly enough, my roommate has one in the basement that he has no use for or interest in. i was contemplating using the frame for a commuter and replacing a few of the components. its not overly heavy as far as bikes go, but is pretty primitive.

weps":3m9349qi said:
what do you guys think of the miyata? oddly enough, my roommate has one in the basement that he has no use for or interest in. i was contemplating using the frame for a commuter and replacing a few of the components. its not overly heavy as far as bikes go, but is pretty primitive.

Unlike Koga Miyata, Miyata marketed a wide range of bicycles in the US. I do not know what bike you are pointing at, but any Miyata frame/bike offered far above average finishing at their pricepoint. If it has the FM1 tubing it is a pretty advanced. Actually really nice. There also excist FM2 and FM3. In Europe we only had the FM1 for MTBs. Europe's steel Koga Miyatas were always lugged. In the US there are also welded ones. Also the earliest round 83/84 RidgeRunner was partially welded. Later ones were lugged.

The Ridge Runner is the upscale model. Greg wun the worlds on a blue/white RR in 1990.

I ride my 88 KM ValleyRunner FM1 off road really often. To me it is a great ride. I really like the way the frame is build. The geometry, the comfort.... way nicer than many later bikes I own. Though primitive, a bike couldn't be more complete to me ;)

i had no idea! and i was talking about the ridge runner. its been down there for a few years and i never paid much attention to it as i didn't recognize any of the components except for the sugino cranks. it also has a big cushy ass seat and solid axles. i figured it was just an average model. perhaps i'll just clean it up a bit and see how it feels.

also, i just took a look at the ebay photos and geometry and that head tube really stretches things out. should be interesting.

Weps,

The above is RidgeRunner is a pretty old one, I think it is 85/86. If yours is like this it misses probably some of the advancements made with the somewhat later ones, but interesting it is. Desireable too, at least too me. If the ebay one was in Holland it were already mine.

If it is the blue/white you have a really great performer ...and a moneymaker when you swing it on ebay :roll: ;)

- Melvin

Back