I was fed up with it.....(magura content) carbon update!!!

Cheers kaiser,I have had a look and may go down that route yet....

I may buy some carbon sheet and make one though,you can see the brake posts twisting out when you brake and I dont want the welds to crack..... :?

Dont forget the rotation of the wheel will naturally pull the post back in toward the rim as the brake is applied. Maybe with hydraulics there is a more braking force involved so a bit of extra strength is definately beneficial. I cant see you braking the posts though. How hard do you need to apply the rear brake, are you doing trials on this bike or just riding trails?

Not trying to make you wrong, just saying ditch the brace, save a few grams, and dont worry about it. Its just my 2 penneth worth...

Not really as I have just popped some triple clamp x vert carbon forks on it so that added nearly 2lbs :LOL:

:LOL: not quite....with spinergy and 27 speed I doubt it,it still has a 9 speed dura ace block as well :LOL: :LOL: and the forks are 12 years old... ;)

looks real awesome though.....I think :?

I managed to bend both and crack one of the brake posts on a pair of Pace RC30 forks whilst using Maguras without a brace, so it can happen, but I'd say that as it's the rear wheel you should be ok, it doesn't take much braking force to lock up the rear wheel anyway, unlike the front.

Latest posts

Back