Low-end Bianchi - what to do?

definitely a contender for town beater / cheap winter trainer this one, shouldn't cost much to get a nice-ish ride out of it... any progress?

Not much progress I'm afraid as other things are taking priority. Apparently there are more important things in the world than bikes! This weekend should see it looking more or less finished.

Mark.

daccordimark":pimxclq8 said:
Not much progress I'm afraid as other things are taking priority. Apparently there are more important things in the world than bikes!

Mark.

Who's been spreading these nasty rumours...... :LOL: :LOL:

daccordimark":2vtk60ts said:
You're spot on with the sizing Kermit as it's 60cm c-c with a 58cm top tube.

Damn!

If it had been a 53/54 c-c, I'd have made you an offer on it, & even picked it up

Old Ned":1sedbnug said:
I've told you before Rich - you've got to keep standing in them Grobags!!

Thanks Paul :roll:

Will peat-bogs have the same effect during the Fell-Races???

Well here's how it looks now I've stripped it all down and put it back together again. Still no bar tape but I might get some non-aero brake levers for it so I've left that off for now.

Along the way I discovered the frame is fully chromed but resisted the temptation to strip the paint off.

The freewheel is French made and needs a big (30mm?) remover like a Normandy I'm guessing. It's branded Dilglo which I've never heard of before.

The rear wheel is a Maillard hub with Weinmann eyeletted rim whereas the front is non-branded hub and rim with no eyelets.

The MKS pedals are nice with reasonable quality bearings which I could adjust to run smooth unlike the hubs which are either smooth with a bit of play or rough and tight. Ooh-err missus!

A quick ride was better than expected - even the brakes worked well. It's stiff due to the thick frame tubes I guess but feels heavy. Did I mention the frame + forks + headset weigh 3.5 kg?

Bianchi2.jpg

Mark.

Back