Peugeot Premiere - Any good? better than modern SS OTP bike?

Points I've considered too Keith, I'll try fixed but I'm looking at Single speed as thats what I run now on my alloy bone shaker.
Its got a lower BB than my shaker so I've got some 170 cranks to go on, might not help but we'll see. Its kinda retro ride meets commuter. I plan to get measured properly if i upgrade from this to another bike, so bit of fun/experiment in meantime... :)
Carboheavy, yep that 6lbs surprised me, heavier than my retro MTB frames, a lot of tube length,, so long as it feels sturdy we'll be good.

Love the catalogues - had no idea Peugeot were knocking out lugged carbon fibre frames in the eighties! I would love to find one of those on Freecycle...

I ride an 84 Carlton fixie with no clearance problems. You just need to be careful going down stairs, curbs and sharp corners. As for a bike weighing 26lbs, I weigh 260lbs. It would be cheaper for me to lose 10lbs than my bike to lose 10. So I'm not worried about weight.

Light bikes are overrated. I had a carbon/aluminum trek back in America, and I'd rather ride my steel Panasonic Touring Deluxe.

My Alloy modern shaker weighed 26lbs now less with the gears off. My goal is for it to weigh less for this build or around 26, though any care in weight saving is likely to be in the wheels. :) I will have to weigh the shakers frame and forks for interest.

have been using mine now for a good few weeks doing 6 miles a day and apart from a massive rear tyre blow out (wont use folding tyres again) and a loose scre for mudgaurd going well and feel fitter for riding it

Back