Coast 2 Coast hArdGay Off Road - Sat 25th/Sun26th September

Summary info here rob:

therealkw15":1g6gjp4a said:
In response to The Ken's plea, the route deliberations and detail are as follows, if he wants to paste something in message 1

Summary map showing route via Strathmunzie and Hill of Worrying Exposure

Link to mapping, profile and waypoints at Landaranger scale, based on above route

Suggestion that we go via Knockdamph rather than Strath Munzie - NB this route is visible on the mapping above too.

Notes on route from Google Earth flythrough

The mods are slacking - this was to be edited into page 1 i think ;)

While I was at Bootstock I was chatting to a native of Bonar Bridge, and mentioned about our C2C adventure, and described the route.

He replied "Isn't that the estate where they have reintroduced wolves...?"

So if one of you finds that I've rubbed mince all over your panniers, you'll know what is going on.

I no longer own said panniers, I returned them to tescos and got my hard earned 9 quid back. Customer services said they had never seen a set fail like that :D I even pointed out the design flaws for them :LOL:

The Ken":2ph11e9i said:
I no longer own said panniers, I returned them to tescos and got my hard earned 9 quid back. Customer services said they had never seen a set fail like that :D I even pointed out the design flaws for them :LOL:

spoken like a true dundonian :LOL: :LOL:

ZZ you hooking up with Rado and car sharing? Me and JB could meet up at a service station and get a convoy going on.

Indeed how are folks getting up there and is it a 10.30 meet and where?

clockworkgazz":2v4ra5yf said:
free parking and 10.30 meeting?

Sounds like a plan - 10:30 start should get us to uppyloopl by nightfall barring calamities :shock:

And For the Love of Mike - can a moderator please update details on page wun :LOL:

Accommodation booked and all attendees have stumped up - thanks :cool:

Clockworkgash
BJ
therealkw
TK
Rado
ZZ
Boaby
Moi

Any word from Jamie yet TK? Obviously others can come - its just a case of confirming Hostel accom. The above have private, secluded, soundproofed room for 8.

As far as I know - Garry is travelling with Klaus, Rob is travelling with Dave, the Aaron & Radek are a pair and Stephen and I are doing lonesome journies southwards and northwards.

Early start beckons :shock:

Back