MacRetro Newbies.... Introduce yourself here:

Colinmac":2cl1oqmv said:
Cool. Ok.

And if I don't have a retro ride by then, can I ride a /shudder modern /unshudder ?

Absolutely the ridings for riding but we do like to show off our retro chariots now and then stuff we'v been working on. Sometimes have a vague 'lets make this a retro meet' but you wouldnae be shown the door :D

I may be able to sort something out....

I sold my '95 Ti-4000 around a year ago to partially fund the V-10 (those chuffers are right dear!)

I've regretted it ever since, since it was 100% original and in extremely good condition, save the RC-35 elastomers.

:oops:

The Ken":c31xg98n said:
Sorry Rob, I hadn't noticed you'd been given the wrong one, you are allowed to complain you know. I'll let John know.

Im just away to write my acceptance speech :LOL:

Hi all,

I'm new here.

Live in Leith, cycle a bit, work at www.ruts.org.uk teaching motorcycle mechanics and trials riding.

Currently restoring a 'Highpath' - actually the No 1 Highpath built by Dave Wrath-Sharman, so I suppose I must qualify as a retro sort of a guy.

Currently ride an Edinburgh Cuillin, Scorpa TYS 125 and my fiancee's Dawes Dutchess when I'm feeling a bit radical.

cheers,

Pete aka somerled

Attachments

• whole bike side on.jpg
    whole bike side on.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 4,660
That'll be him Kasier - quick grab him :)

Hi sommerled , welcome to the site, I had just mentioned I had seen another edinburgh rider posting but couldn't remember your name.

Nice Highpath

somerled":1ddu9qq0 said:
Currently restoring a 'Highpath' - actually the No 1 Highpath built by Dave Wrath-Sharman, so I suppose I must qualify as a retro sort of a guy.

Pete aka somerled

Hi Pete,

The Highpath is a wonderful find, and you deserve to be congratulated for saving it from being scrapped.

The Information that this is the first Highpath that David Wrath-Sharman built is incorrect. David's first bikes featuring the Highpath name were originally made by Cleland Cycles, bought by David, improved and then re-labeled as Highpaths. The first original Highpath was made for James Walters in December 1985, and is currently owned by Steve Chantler.

BitD, I took dated and annotated photos and also kept a diary with references to David's bikes as they were developed and tested on the Guildford rides. I may have a photo of this actual bike or at least a similar machine. The design of the hub brakes would date it to about 1988.

It is indeed a wonderful find,

Graham.

Thanks very much for the info Graham.

I have been in touch with DWS and he has related the history of 08501BMc to me. A fascinating story.

I'm very much looking forward to getting working on the Highpath and riding it, although a recent shoulder injury sustained on a Scorpa trials bike means that cycling has become pretty painful.

I have been in touch with the guys at the Bike Station in Edinburgh who are willing to help me source appropriate parts, so any info on things like levers, mechs, bars would be more than welcome.

cheers for now,

Pete

hello

Hi Guys,

posting by way of introduction, found this wonderful site whilst considering (one of) my dream bike(s) of 15+ years ago.. although there's probably too many dream bikes come to think of it.

i returned to cycling earlier this year after a considerable lay off, hoping to get a bit fitter. i started off a road club cyclist racing in the 80's, and end up on the mountian bike early 90's after have one too many, bonet, windscreen and over the roof experiences with those damn cars.

to be honest I'm new to the whole forum thing so pls feel free to point out the error of my ways.

look forward to learning from and contributing to the site, also like the sounds of this glen tress day in oct'.

cheers
g

distinct lack of west coasters in this thread, am I missing something

There are several west coasters but they actually get out and ride their bikes while us east coasters just talk about them :LOL:

Kaiser, Clockworkgaz, JimiHendrix, Dyna-Ti and Mr Panda are westward types, ZZ's from the middle and now there seems oodles of Fifers and Edinburgh folk but other area such as Dundee, Aberdeen, the far North and Orkney are also represented as well as the far SW.

Welcome again and what bike do you have or are dreaming of at present ;)

Back