Majorly affronted by BBC article ;)

DA-EVO

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I don't believe it! my GOD have they done a character assasination on me.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-10965608

They even mentioned the Dogma and the Japanese sports car, and that I am a fat Bast!

Even wifey agrees - how could they be so cruel!

Mind you, look in the mirror and see if your face shows up.

Yours, middle-aged-man-in-lycra-ly.

D

;)

Well, at least he admits to being one himself and it's not another 'anti-cyclist' tyrade.

Oh, and thankfully I'm to old to be a MAMIL, I'm an OMIL ;)

There has been a massive change in the demographic buying high-end kit.

We're also starting to see an increasing number of MILFILs. Which is always a good thing.

I work in a high end store and it's unusual for us to sell a bike over £800 to anyone under 35. All the really expensive stuff gets bought by people who don't really need it but just want to impress their clubmates.

We see people over 100kg obsessing about which lightweight wheels to get and whether they should use tubs. These people don't even have a racing licence. It's all about status, fashion and keeping up with the Joneses. Quite pathetic actually. But it's been paying my wages so....

dbmtb":2tlbc5ne said:

We're also starting to see an increasing number of MILFILs. Which is always a good thing....

Might go and see if Evans Cycles has any Saturday jobs going ;)

dbmtb":2tlbc5ne said:
We see people over 100kg obsessing about which lightweight wheels to get and whether they should use tubs. These people don't even have a racing licence. It's all about status, fashion and keeping up with the Joneses. Quite pathetic actually. But it's been paying my wages so....

Hmm, well luckily I *just* fell out of the 100 kilo category, however I can't afford to be weight weenie. However, yes there is a ground-swell of this, we just aren't seeing the MILFILs around here yet.

Anything even resembling MILFIL is usually riding around accompanied by FOBILs :D

Back