MacRetro Big Clan Gathering - Sat 23rd Oct

Status
Not open for further replies.
ah mikee, did you find us eventually? are you staying in a pod or camping... or B&B - reply in the other thread

velomaniac":3ffuxopj said:
Of course you'll all be on retro bikes, there is nothing on the trails that cannot be ridden on an old bike. I regularly ride a rigid bike at Glentress on all grade of trail and often go single speed as well.

This MacRetro's big ride, dont be a feardie, dont bring a modern bike unless of course you dont have a retro steed ;) :LOL:

dont listen to him, I have done it rigid and it hurts, bring some bounce, it is a modern trail centre and can be a bit brutal really.

clockworkgazz":37125bj8 said:
dont listen to him, I have done it rigid and it hurts, bring some bounce, it is a modern trail centre and can be a bit brutal really.

And I was just about to ask you if I could ride my old Stumpy for the day if I looked into flights :LOL:
Seriously, I've always wanted to ride Glentress and am trying to talk a mate into driving his van up for the weekend.
Its a bit of a drive from Bournemouth though :shock:
If not I'll start seeing if a bike can be stripped down small enough to fit into a golf bag and checked in as sporting equipment :LOL:

I will bring it if you make it up :cool:

I did the red on my old clockwork and it was fun but really hard going, some of the blue routes would be fine I suppose.

those 'pods' look great!

i can see someone riding over one.... :LOL:

im looking forward to this, heard only nice things regarding glentress......and scots folk :LOL:

looking forward to taking the jones around.........well, it is rigid and has thumbies :p

Accomidation at Glentress is as follows

camping per pitch (get a big tent and share ;) ) £15 per night- all the facilities of the wigwams are open to the campers.

Wigwams with 5 adults for 2 nights (friday and Sat) works at £30 a skull or a bit more if you want to take a wigwam for less folk

So far we have one wigwam with ZZ, TK, Me and two sproggs.

Please pm me what you would like to do and I can book, or feel free to book yoursell just let us know what your plans are to work out food drink options.

linkie
http://www.glentressforestlodges.co.uk/

Intrigued by the concept of the 'Generalized', you could be onto something! reminded me of those heady MTBR 'Kleiningham' days... thinking about doing a cut and shut - a Metal Matrix M2/FSX front end with an RTS rear... or maybe a Xizang rear with an Ultimate/Future Shock combo... ;-)

Rigid bikes are fine at Glentress, Clockworkgaz is just a limp wristed weakling, single speeding is also possible :LOL:

I will admit though that the surfaces you will ride involve rocks, compacted hardcore and roots, little to no mud though, its truly all weather trails, although ice and axle deep snow last winter were a wee bit tough :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back