Avid Speed Dial SL levers
Cane Creek Direct Curve 3 V brakes
Sram X7 shifters
XT Front Mech
Sram X9 Rear mech
Shimano XT cassette
KMC X9L chain
Shimano M582 LX chainset with external BB
Deore inner & middle chainrings, Middleburn slick shift Hardcoat outer chainring
XT SPD pedals
Mavic Crossland wheelset
Schwalbe Racing Ralph tubeless tyres with Joe's no flats sealant

Thomson Elite seatpost
Unbranded seatpost clamp
WTB Rocket V saddle
silver headset spacers
Charge Sponge lock on grips (not actually sponge!)
Hope bar end plugs
X-Lite Top Cap
Goodridge brake & gear cables
Weight 27.2lbs

click to see large pic

Very nice :cool: How does it ride on the 85mm forks? Have thought about getting one of these frames to run with some modern forks.

brocklanders023":r9kby6lr said:
Very nice :cool: How does it ride on the 85mm forks? Have thought about getting one of these frames to run with some modern forks.
Cheers

It's awesome (I would say that though wouldn't I :LOL: )

With the original (longer) stem & the 85mm forks it was a little barge like in the handling dept.

But with the shorter Hope stem it's sharpened it up a bit, it's great for singletrack & shoulder barging trees @ Sherwood Pines :twisted:

Orange did reply to my 'what length forks could I run on this frame?' email by telling me that it could run 100mm forks, but I opted for 85mm to be safe

Dunno if you're going to the Big Dirty Weekender II, but if you are you're welcome to a test ride

The Clockwork in Winter mode...

5174650697_8317eb1a29_b.jpg

Schwalbe Black Shark Mud 2.1 up front Nobby Nic 2.1 out back, Crud's front & rear & back to the Shimano hubbed Mavic wheelset, the tubeless Crosslands will be for summer usage

Looking good in 'Winter Mode', crud guards make sense when this the weather's as wet and miserable as it is ATM!
Mine are tucked up for the winter.

Defender":2x46x6ck said:
Looking good in 'Winter Mode'
Cheers :D
crud guards make sense when this the weather's as wet and miserable as it is ATM! Mine are tucked up for the winter.
Yup, the Crud's might not enhance the look of a bike, but they sure are damn effective :LOL:

Just got some electronic scales and they say it weighs 27.12lbs!

I have formed a cunning plan to get the best out of the seasonal changes by fully winterising the modern Orange 5, keeping the other modern full susser for summer use only & just swapping wheelsets on the Clockwork & adding/removing the Crud guards as the seasons dictate

I'm starting to like winter biking a bit more, a good set of lights, some proper mud tyres it all adds up to great fun. I don't think that all bikes should be tucked up over winter, there's loads of fun to be had!

Andy B":2v2pj4x8 said:
Yup, the Crud's might not enhance the look of a bike, but they sure are damn effective :LOL:
Just got some electronic scales and they say it weighs 27.12lbs!
I have formed a cunning plan to get the best out of the seasonal changes by fully winterising the modern Orange 5, keeping the other modern full susser for summer use only & just swapping wheelsets on the Clockwork & adding/removing the Crud guards as the seasons dictate
I'm starting to like winter biking a bit more, a good set of lights, some proper mud tyres it all adds up to great fun. I don't think that all bikes should be tucked up over winter, there's loads of fun to be had!

Good lights and 'guards make a world of difference, Crud Guard bosses should be standard on UK spec bikes IMHO!
I'm surprised that some so many bikes that claim to be designed for the UK market don't have them, they're so much better than using cable ties?
I have other much less 'worthy' bikes to use when the weather goes bad, I think this year my '6066 will be getting an airing and the X01 with suitable tyres fitted, might even run the 'STP if I get it finished off, good thing about carbon is it doesn't rust :!:

Quick update...

Swapped out the wheelset for a pair of silver Hope Pro III hubs and silver Mavic XC717 rims

A quick weigh on the digi scales gives the new weight as 25.8lb :)

No pics as yet, but there will be some soon ;)

Another update!

Swapped out the Schwalbe tyres for my favourite all rounders at the mo..

..Charge Splashback 's in 1.8" flavour

Quite shocked to find the weight drop to 11.3kg, or in old money 24.9lb

Yup, a modern sub 25lb clockwork :D

Pics will be provided from a scenic location over the weekend ;)

Hi Andy B,

I'm starting from scratch with my Orange Clockwork 10th anniversary and would like to know how you are getting on with yours. I'm going to change the forks but wondered out of all the changes you made, what would be your top 3 recommendations for maximum gain in the single track ride handling department.

Many thanks
R

Back