rhubarb rhubarb.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 659
  • oh cool a gate.jpg
    oh cool a gate.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 659
  • men, we do stuff.jpg
    men, we do stuff.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 659
Thanks goes to Dan on the Klein for being our pace maker, otherwise we'd still be out there, much to the annoyance of the WAGs no doubt.

Same time next year the.

So pleased I chose to ride a springy steel frame. Feeling remarkably fresh still, if I was on any other bike I would be suffering by now. The Axo shoes were a bad choice, if I'd known we were going to be out for so long I would have worn my comfortable modern ones.

Ironic moment of the ride was telling the story about a mate that got his front wheel jammed in a crack just before doing exactly the same thing myself and going over the bars.

I am seriously sunburt.

A lot.

Really.

Arms, red, back of legs, red, knees, red, nose, red.

Oh, and dont mention the saddle. Arse, VERY sore. It doesnt 'do' Flite's.

Supprisingly, I am not tired. Got to love the Stumpjumper.

EPIC ride. The longest RB ride I have ever been on. Lovely scenery, would like to do it again, just with a bit of a heads up on the *ahem* ETA home *ahem* to warn the Mrs.

Made it home by 8pm, averaging 30 mpg :oops:

Attachments

• IMG00529.jpg
    IMG00529.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 629
  • IMG00528.jpg
    IMG00528.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 629
Thank you to Mark for organizing this - it was gate of a day .... I mean a corker of a day :LOL:

Top ride out with good company and good banter :D

Bunch of top chaps :D

I think my best moment of the day were the burgers at the end ..........

It was nerve racking holding my first RB meet. Half expected most people to know each other but realized they didnt despite the forum.

It was more than a bit of a surprise to find Dan walking through the garden gate, a riding buddy of old I hadnt seen in maybe 15 years.

Knees and thighs were giving me grief which leads to the fact that the Overbury's might be a touch small. I've only done that route on the GT which is more suitable for tarmac and bridleways.

I apologize to all for the amount of gates, they are a fairly recent addition.

I'm glad you all had fun. Shame it was so late as the burgers were quite tasty.

Really hoping I can make a few meets next year.. 37 miles would be completely out of the question at the mo .. 3.7 would be fine though :LOL:

I am damn sure the computer was telling Pork Pies, it was more like 50 miles.

Think about it though, all the GATES we had to negotiate. So it was 37 miles cycling and 13 miles walking and climbing!

:LOL:

Ps: anyone have any aftersun? I swear you could cook a fry up on the back of my legs!

Back