Help with Marin frame numbers please!

aws":2tnzeymb said:
My old Marin Eldridge Grade's serial number is W63DA0009. Doesn't really seem to match up with the decoding formula:

W = ? factory
6 = Muirwoods??
3 = 1993?
0 could be O = ? inches

I do know that the frame was a warranty replacement for the previous owner, perhaps the W has something to do with this? However, I bought the bike second hand early-mid 1992, so it couldn't be a 1993 frame. I suspect it may even have been a 1991 frame. It definitely has the afterburners. The frame is 15.5" so I don't know how this stacks up with O. It looks just like a 0, but I guess it could be an O.

Haven't used the bike in over 10 years, but it is still a really lightweight unit compared to my newer alloy bike.

Do you have any pictures, no idea and the 0 there is not uncommon, no idea on the rest sorry

FluffyChicken,

Do you have an email address for either of those, i'm trying to find the year of my Team Titanium, serial No 4313 but not much luck.

Cheers.

No but I assume
http://www.merlinbike.com/
http://www.litespeed.com (helps if I spell it right)
or if Sandvik made them them.
I'm not good with the Ti stuff, cost to much for me so I don't bother with the interest or research.

Just to add some more data points:

1990 Palisades: M905_50803
1991 Pine Mountain: M21BE0069
1994 Pine Mountain: M34HAC121

Does anyone know if Marin frame numbers can start with the letter C???
Also, do they stamp on bottom bracket, left side, with numbers going around the bend part rather than straight across the BB axle? (Does that make sense??)

My 1990 Pine Mountain: M903 53-56

The dash is an indistinct mark that looks like it might be the centre part of an 8 or a 3 but it hasn't been properly stamped.

type49":34wf8mss said:
Does anyone know if Marin frame numbers can start with the letter C???
Also, do they stamp on bottom bracket, left side, with numbers going around the bend part rather than straight across the BB axle? (Does that make sense??)

Hi To All i`m a new poster,
i just got hold of a old Marin Palisade Trail,i`m trying to work out what year it is,it has these specs on,

Rock Shox Dart 2 forks
Di Compe braking system
STX group set
Di Tech headset
7000 Alum frame
chrome finish with yellow decals

it has two sets of numbers across the BB,which are these,

Arched around
C P 7 C S D 0 1 0

Across
9 7 4 0 F E

Anyhelp would be greatful

TIA
sub11

Identify my Marin Eldrige Grade

Hi Mariners,

im 42 of age now. About 18-20 years ago i bought a new Marin Eldrige Grade here in Germany.
Yesterday i found my Marin classic bike in our big garage again and i was surprised about the good condition.
I washed the bike and located the frame number "A3TCA0180". The colours of my Eldrige Grade are black/green. The components are mixed Shimano LX/DX.
Would you please help me to identify the correct year of production. :LOL:
Thanks a lot!

Best Regards from Germany
Oli

Benandemu":x7mbw0re said:
I have more answers...

Take my frame number

M74HAB182

The M is the factory.

M is Marvel, F is Fairly and T is Ti sports

7 is the model number. Exclude the Ti bikes and work down the list eg.

1 Team Issue
2 Team Marin
3 Pine Mountain
4 Eldridge grade
5 Bear Valley
6 Muirwoods
7 Palisades Trail
8 Bobcat Trail

4 is the year ending number. That would be 1994.

HA is month and date, but you will need the Enigma machine to decode these. Not really relevant either!

B is the size centre to centre.

A is 14 inches
B is 15.5 inches ( this makes it 17 centre to top)
C is 17 inches
D is 19 inches
E is 20 inches

182 are production numbers that are factory use only, and again require the Enigma machine.

So, from that you can calculate the year, model and place it was made.

Seems I have a 94 Palisades Trail frame and forks. The frames were all the same up to Eldridge and then they used Tange prestige or Superlight tubing.

Cool; just picked up, what I believe to be a 1995 Team Titanium; going to check the serial number in the morning. Thanks

frame ID

ok Marin experts i need your help.

I have what maybe a old Marin frame kicking around the back of the shed. It has frame number AT3900481. I know this dont tie in with the frame numbers mentioned on this thread but does anyone else recognise it.

It has been suggested that it maybe a Merlin frame but Merlin dont think so. Pictures attached for your help.

Cheers

Attachments

• unknown frame 01.jpg
    unknown frame 01.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 2,675
  • unknown frame 02.jpg
    unknown frame 02.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 2,674
  • unknown frame 05.jpg
    unknown frame 05.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 2,675
  • unknown frame 03.jpg
    unknown frame 03.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 2,675
I don't really recognise it as a Marin frame, unless it's a late 90's / early 2000's model that I'm not as familiar with. Anyone else? :?

beavis":q7n8viib said:
I don't really recognise it as a Marin frame, unless it's a late 90's / early 2000's model that I'm not as familiar with. Anyone else? :?

Ditto - but I only know late 80's to mid 90's :-(

WD :D

Back