My DK Legend & Schwinn Pro Modified & Standard Sta 5

Emoco":38kkd0jr said:
You have to understand that the quality of materials used for parts now is a lot better. So is the engineering of these parts.

I tacoed a alex triple wall rim once but rode harder on a Hazzard Lite that wouldn't warp at all.

Back when bikes were heavy, companies had to just use technology and materials factories had at the time. As time went on, they obviously became bigger customers and since other companies had their stuff made at the same place, they had more push to have different ideas implemented into the manufacturing.

However, UK Bike Co sucked.

Exactly what I was trying to say, much more eloquently put.

Agree with you guys . The stuff around in the 90s wasn't any stronger because it weighed 40+lbs it just felt like it should be :LOL:

Making a 44t chainring 10mm thick isn't a way to solve bending chainrings ; same as 14mm dropouts wasn't the way to stop the axle bending , supporting the dropout by using a large surface area at the hub end was .

The mid 90s to early 2000s can be summed up with one phrase " add more metal " :LOL:

Some of the weight saving stuff now is just shite though. I had to laugh when i saw some guys Eastern with a big slot cut out of the seat tube, I wonder how much weight that saved then!

The sport has evolved though and I think it's not a bad thing that bikes aren't built like tanks anymore. It's just all the skinny jean wearing, tattooed up victims who have all the gear and yet no idea how to use a shovel that piss me off lol!

No different to the baggy jeaned unwashed long haired lot of the 90s who were also too lazy to dig :LOL:

There's always been a lot of shite in bmx , triple bolt seatclamps anyone ? and there will always be someone taking it a little too far . I'm glad that when a bike falls on you now it doesn't require all your mates to lift the thing off you .

perry":14i9ehv8 said:
No different to the baggy jeaned unwashed long haired lot of the 90s who were also too lazy to dig :LOL:

There's always been a lot of shite in bmx , triple bolt seatclamps anyone ? and there will always be someone taking it a little too far . I'm glad that when a bike falls on you now it doesn't require all your mates to lift the thing off you .

I suppose but they just look even more retarded lol

Funny the BMX scene, it kind of tried to re-invent itself as 'cool' like skateboarding but never quite made it...maybe I'm just getting old lol

Back