Red Ti-Glide /Suspension- splined for disc/red Mavic X517

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Finally got this finished :D
NOS red Ti-glide and NOS red mavic X517

Unusual lacing with 3x on the drive side but with 1x on the disc side.It was done to use my old spokes and save a bit of cash.I dont think its strong enough and i would worry about the flanges and at 36h these not a huge amount between the flanges
But im getting concerned about the strain radial puts on a hub and as 1X is too near radial,so im getting it relaced at 3X both sides[unless someone suggests 4X :LOL: ]

Attachments

• Dynas pics 001 (Large).jpg
    Dynas pics 001 (Large).jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 1,291
Unusual lacing with 3x on the drive side but with 1x on the disc side.
Unusual indeed but this may be a logical variation of my Fulcrum Racing 7 wheels that have 3X 16 spokes on the drive side and radial 8 spokes on the non-drive side. :cool:

Attachments

• Dynas pics 072 (Large).jpg
    Dynas pics 072 (Large).jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 1,159
  • Dynas pics 077 (Large).jpg
    Dynas pics 077 (Large).jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 1,159
  • Dynas pics 071 (Large).jpg
    Dynas pics 071 (Large).jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 1,159
With 36 spokes would the 1x really be that bad ? Have you sent Hope a pic ? maybe you could persuade them to anodize one of the spacers for you , I'd be surprised if the guys doing it weren't doing their own stuff at the end of the day anyway :LOL:

With 36 spokes would the 1x really be that bad ?

On a disc wheel yes. As the disc side spokes are pulling at a very steep angle they will put a large amount of stress through the thinnest part of the hub flange. I wouldn't be comfortable with less than 3 cross.

On a rim-brake wheel it makes less difference on the non-drive side, but the drive side still needs to be crossed (preferably 3-cross). Front non-disc wheel can be pretty much anything you feel like.

This also depends on how hard you are going to use them. For XC what I say above stands, but for anything that gives a little more punishment I would have them both laced 3-cross

Pip

This also depends on how hard you are going to use them

Use them :shock: :shock:

:LOL: :LOL: ,they are for my red single speed,which will do next to nothing that could over stress the hub
thing is :? the rear Ti glide is brand new,as is the rim its on.The front suspension hub is 2nd hand but in excellent condition as is the matching rim.
Plus they have cost me not far off £300 to find and build all the bits.New bearings etc etc.
Rare to see,i dont want to ruin them with any offroad antics

Latest posts

Back