Old/New DMR Trailstar

Feedback
View
Thought I'd stick a few pictures up of my recently built old-new DMR Trailstar

Back in 1999 or so Total Mountain Bike ran a group-test of hardcore hardtails which included the Kona Chute, Spooky Metalhead, DMR Trailstar, and some scaffolding welded together in Taiwan called a Hardcore DSV. Like a numpty I bought the Hardcore and quickly wished I'd bought the Trailstar. So, 11 years too late I finally picked this one up on ebay and transferred all my old 1999-2000 bits onto it. It's got D521 CDs, Manitou X-Vert E fork, V8 pedals, DMR bashguard, generic CNC stem, couple of bits of x-lite jewellery, club roost bars, and an M570 brake. Got a bit carried away on CRC hence the modern post, tyres and cranks.

Forks lost their damping owing to an over-enthusiastic landing by Splatter Paint at Slough BMX track in 2001, but otherwise they're pretty sound. Not in the same league as Aeronaut's Trailstar I know, but I love this bike, Frame just feels great, lovely spring ride.

SDC11870.jpg

SDC11867.jpg

SDC11864.jpg

SDC11872.jpg

Sexual.

I'd probably swap the blue bits for black or white and go for a monochrome look, or red to pick out the DMR badge, bits on forks and valve caps, but thats just me being picky :)

Thats looking great that :cool:

Nice seeing another one just how it should be. They certainly do give an awesome ride and reckon you'd be hard pressed to find something to surpass it. I'd have another in a heart beat!
It's probably closer to how mine would have been had the frame been in better original condition... and hadn't got so carried away with shiney things.

Back