Peugeot Team XT Mix !

bduc61

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
well
was given this nice Columbus "Peugeot Team" frame ( may have been doing some racing )
was a bit battered but thought it derserved parts lying around in the garage !

so I found a lot of XT ;)
but from 730 crankset
to M737 levers
to V brakes and derailleurs M750
coupled with a sunn MAXE fork on a stronglight headset

fred salmon stem
wheels not as attractive though

know its not very classy or period compliant ;) but perfect for the country house of parents to be ridden by nephews or sons

I loved rejuvenate this and giving life to iddle parts ;)

if this frame rings a bell , would be happy to hear about it
probably from 95 or 96 ? 1 inch fork

peugeotteam001.jpg

many thanks ;)

deserved a bit better parts but alas :LOL:

5000 Guilders at the time so thats about € 2500 right ?

with XTR gear but still as you say pricey !

Aprox 2275 euro

Pricewise it fitted between an Attitude kit and a Merlin Mountain frame back in the day.

Nice bike. Love early 90's Peugeots, had two in the past. Thinking of buy one again but need room for next bike. Frame has been repainted ? Decals are new or original?

Radoslaw":17pvyzpx said:
Nice bike. Love early 90's Peugeots, had two in the past. Thinking of buy one again but need room for next bike. Frame has been repainted ? Decals are new or original?

frame has not been repainted
original stickers
unfortunately, there is a sort of mat "varnish" on a regular glossy black paint and this has not aged very well and gone in certain areas ( you don't want to see a close up :cry: )
fork is mat goes rather well with it
top tube sticker was damaged so I took it off and matt finish went off in certain parts :?

was a bit of a budget rebirth ;) ( bought the saddle and cabling only - all other parts were in the parts drawers :) )

Looks really nice on picture :D Like discrete design. Bike is worth of some love. Underrated brand imo in MTB world and not many here...

Back