Project Parkpre Pro825

This bike had it's first outing on a hardpack/ loose stone descent and I can honestly say it is very fast. It was pushing me to ride quicker, brake later, loved it. The Judy DH worked brilliantly too.

Had some fun today :D

P2071385.JPG

P2071386.JPG

P2071387.JPG

Opinions needed chaps. Have changed to Judy SL's as the DH's were just a touch too long for the frame at 80mm travel and the SL's suit the colours better. Now the dilemma is what tyre/wheel combo. I have precisely £0.00p to spend so have to stick to one of these for now.

So which set to keep on.

➡️ Onza Porc repros on Mavic 220 and 238, quite lightweight. Silver rims don't suit as well as the black IMO. Untested.
SNC13461.JPG

SNC13463.JPG

SNC13465.JPG

➡️ Specialized Evil Twin HC front on Mavic 121 and DMR Moto rear on D521. On the beefy side for weight, but other than carrying the weight on the climbs these are a brilliant tyre combo for fast descents. The DMR is quite impressive over wet rock and roots, but fails on thick mud (obviously). But does this combo look silly?
SNC13468.JPG

SNC13469.JPG

SNC13470.JPG

Specialized tyres, for me - but would prefer the Judy DH fork, as the yellow of the Judy SL does not match with the "ParkPre" yellow.

nice bike :D

magas":38vtokn9 said:
Specialized tyres, for me - but would prefer the Judy DH fork, as the yellow of the Judy SL does not match with the "ParkPre" yellow.

The colour matches better in real life. I do like the Judy DH, but at 80mm travel it's a little long for the frame and I was getting lift from the front when climbing. The SL's are 63mm and much lighter :D

Easy_Rider":3msw5hkf said:
magas":3msw5hkf said:

The colour matches better in real life. I do like the Judy DH, but at 80mm travel it's a little long for the frame and I was getting lift from the front when climbing. The SL's are 63mm and much lighter :D

ok, thats an argument ;)

REKIBorter":13319dac said:
Stick with silver rims, black ones do not look good on bikes of this era.

I'd agree with that too. Silver post, stem and bars too for my money... but then I like silver.

Latest posts

Back