1984 Saracen 501

Easy_Rider":2hqtee0k said:
Black!

White and he Cream tyres won't go.

:cool: my brake levers arrived today - not used to buying new and forgot that they would come with complete M-System cable set in black

chaser":28dd0wv8 said:
There's a question for Saracen experts... What HT badge should this have? I am sure I remember a coat of arms style badge on really early Saracens.

Chaser

Ping Toatoftoadhall a PM, he has one with decals intact, Im sure he will help the top man that he is :cool: I cant quite work it out from the pic below.

arena015-1.jpg

another update...

some parts arrived, namely lovely cranks, rear mech and OE stem from legrandfromage (cheers!), some shiny new M5 frame bolts... Bring on the Brasso! :cool: Only problem is that lovely stem will not take the Mary bars so I've had to find the old front loading quill stem I sold to lewis1641 for his Diamondback project and ask him to sell it back to me (cheers D!). The stem's staying here though, just in case I decide on standard risers.

loving this build. it is restoring my faith in my tyre choice too.

Not convinced Mary's have anything like the sweep & throw that this deserves, I'm picturing something huge, skinny & flowing in chrome... ;)

If you're in town at all (such as to visit m'lady's stand at the Triangle Art Fair, anyone... :LOL:) there's something in the window of Gant that you might like a gander at...

elPedro666":1szg2qxi said:
Not convinced Mary's have anything like the sweep & throw that this deserves, I'm picturing something huge, skinny & flowing in chrome... ;)

If you're in town at all (such as to visit m'lady's stand at the Triangle Art Fair, anyone... :LOL:) there's something in the window of Gant that you might like a gander at...

Foolishly walked around on my knee yestedray and staying out for a few days soz.

I got the Marys to fit with a bit of careful(!) widening of the stem clamp... wince inducing moments. I don't want huge cruiser bars on it as a quick tyre change and it'll be off road ready (unlike me) ;)

UPDATE:

the frame is at the powder coaters now, got a rear wheel from Lewis 1641 that looks perfect for the build and then had to track down the front (which Dave sold me a while back and I used it on a hack :oops: ). Thinking black rims will look better and much more period hubs too!

after a few hours work the rear is ready:
31047_426819516170_586536170_5899855_948551_n.jpg

Back