Pace Metal Head Tube Badges

Crantinope":28zbipwp said:
Thread Resurect: - Someone (maybe from here) has asked for this to be done, as have I. This is the "master" badge being worked on at the moment, what do you think? (better than those wings!!!) I have never seen an original one close up, but it looks good apart from the word "in" (should that be there, its not in the black&white scan). Sizewise it is just under 2.5 inches high by just over 1.5 inches wide

Cheers...Nick

4409233042_e9b2b62416_o.jpg
4408472225_690f0c4b0e_o.jpg

Lush...wish mine was that nice :)

Here's one I had custom made by the nice folks at Knox Engravers based in Rotorua, New Zealand.

It's been laser engraved onto 2mm sheet metal, bend to the correct diameter, dimensions about 60mm by 40mm.

Cost about $90.00 (£40.00) with consultation and image improvement.

They also thermoplastic covered it for me :)

Think Crantinopes looks much better and was the type of thing I was originally after :)

Rich

Attachments

• P1010022.JPG
    P1010022.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 1,212
Received the prototype from Geoff today - the photo does not do it justice...it is an amazingly detailed piece of work, which will take pride of place on my RC200.

magicmistertea":22qayql9 said:
how are you guys sticking these metal badges to the frames ?
someone reply please !!!!! :)
I've got some 3M branded double sided tape that is used in the motor trade to stick mirrors onto windscreens. Can handle full range of temp change (just hope it can deal with the odd splash!)

clunker":3emqiejb said:
hows the group buy price going mate?
Geoff is considering his options re how many to make as the price per piece drops with volume - but he doesn't want to get stuck with a bunch of badges.

Perhaps if people could indicate their likelihood to buy at a £22-24 basis (including UK postage) it may help speed things along.

Back