1986 Mongoose All Terrain Pro

tam_shadow

Old School Hero
Some quick pics of the tank that just came together. From the peak of Suntour friction goodness. Fairly original condition, I added B17 saddle, TB-II reissues, Ritchey grips and Wellgo shin shavers.

mon_01.jpg

mon_02.jpg

mon_03.jpg

mon_04.jpg

mon_05.jpg

mon_06.jpg

- Eric

I like that a lot - It almost looks nickel plated instead of chromed on my monitor here

Yeah, now thats retro :) Love it. Was always amused by the height of suntours shifters back then, compared to M700s they were huge.

Absolutely B.E.A.U.T.Y.F.U.L. bike!! A bit before my time, but I really hope to do one of the bikes from that are as well (hopefully a Ritchey).

Really great looking bike and just about as retro as they come for me.

Void(EN12-82)

I love this period. The posh bikes of the 84-87 period had the Shimano Deerhead groupset (prior to M730 XT) but the cheaper Japanese models nearly always had this interesting Suntour mix & match going on. I have a Muddy Fox Monarch (see below), it has the same gemoetry, nice flat top tube which feels like it dips forward towards the raked forks, makes for a very enjoyable ride.

muddyfox.JPG

IS it just me or does that Muddy Fox frame really stupendously look similar to a raleigh frame??? If I wouldn't know any better I'd say it's a resprayed Raleigh (from back then, I mean).

Could be wrong, though... since my Raleigh has passed away long ago :cry:

Back