My first MTB - Kona Hei Hei 19" *UPDATED 6/4*

Couple of more pictures added. It's done soon and ready to be punished in the mud.

Since last time: Added Ringlé Ti Stix skewers, Selle Italite Flite TT sadddle, Controltech barends and handlebars.

A good dude who's helping me with this build noticed that the left crank arm is defect. The octalink aluminium thread in the arm is screwed, so even though how much the arm is tightened, it's still possible to move it.

So gotta get a new arm. Also need a new casette and a new chain. And might need a new big chainring. The drive is sooo bad, but if i get new components then hopefully it will run smooth as butter.

That was all for now. I'll be back with outside shots whenever it's done

Best

//CW

Attachments

• heiheinew1.jpg
    heiheinew1.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 4,501
  • heiheinew2.jpg
    heiheinew2.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 4,501
  • heiheinew3.jpg
    heiheinew3.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 4,500
  • heiheinew4.jpg
    heiheinew4.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 4,501
I really am into these Kona ti bikes - just completed my first, a KK, they build up really clean......and ride fantastically :D

Yours is very nice.....bravo :cool:

That looks nice :D

Do you get issues with the Fox rebound adjuster hitting the cable guides at all on the downtube? On mine I can't wind the adjuster out fully to get the rebound quicker which is a pain and that's even with a Cane Creek headset with a really tall lower cup!

Neil G":1oxds5o1 said:
That looks nice :D

Do you get issues with the Fox rebound adjuster hitting the cable guides at all on the downtube? On mine I can't wind the adjuster out fully to get the rebound quicker which is a pain and that's even with a Cane Creek headset with a really tall lower cup!

Hmm thats strange? Could you maybe do a closeup picture? I don't have any issues adjusting the rebound here. But let me see a picture :)

Mine catches on the cable stops on the downtube if wound out too much...bit of an arse really

TBH your stops may be welded on further down the tube which means there's no clash going on!

stinus":sumarji5 said:
so is the crank problem solved?

i hope to see it soon in blaagaardsgade!

I delivered the bike to him yesterday. But he was quite busy so he'll fix it sooner or later. I will bring it to blaagardsgade as soon as he's done and i have a new casette. Then we're almost ready ;)

Back