Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GT-Steve Alpinestars AL-Mega DX

• grundig-world-cup-90 Yeti FRO

• mr_ship Nuke Proof

• Total voters
With the winner only getting 16% of the vote, and it being so close, I wonder if BoTM would benefit from a two-stage vote i.e. open nominations for seven days, poll all entrants for two weeks then take the top three bikes through to a final poll. It would certainly be interesting...

Tallpaul":1538r0nv said:
With the winner only getting 16% of the vote, and it being so close, I wonder if BoTM would benefit from a two-stage vote i.e. open nominations for seven days, poll all entrants for two weeks then take the top three bikes through to a final poll. It would certainly be interesting...
Isn't that kinda what happens, anyway, by the natural path BOTM voting goes?

I'm just happy that my first ever BOTM resulted in 9 votes :cool: :LOL:

Thanks to everyone that voted for my bike, I'm really chuffed.
Steve

Tallpaul":1t8yvce0 said:
Neil":1t8yvce0 said:
Isn't that kinda what happens, anyway, by the natural path BOTM voting goes?

Not really, 59% of the vote was split between the other entrants.
Well I'm looking at what you suggested, and kinda inferring what goes on as the vote progresses.

At first, the field seems open, then towards the end, it only seems like it's the major players that get voted on.

I suppose if it was a 2 stage vote, those that initially may have "squandered" ;-) their vote on entries that aren't going to make the top 3 break a sweat, may have another opportuinity to influence, say, the top 3, but I'm not entirely sure it would make a whole deal of difference.

When the voting is close, it's surely like just because the voting is close. And personally, I like a big list to look at and choose from. This is the first time my vote has actually been for a winning bike - actually it's probably the first time my vote has threatened the top 3. I quite like that - seeing some bikes that whilst they may not get anywhere near winning, there results show they got a few votes.

I'm just not convinced it's broke to warrant fixing. It was close this month, sometimes that's how it goes. And it would appear that a few were making comments that their chosen bike looked like it would get pipped - again, sometimes that's just how it goes.

Back