Votes: 0 0.0%
  • gaf16's GT Xizang

• dlr's Breezer Lightening Pro

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely Raleighgirl must like my ped !!! Its almost the colour of some popular brands of nail varnish !!! :D Not that I would know !! ;)

Del,

please stop reattaching the same pictures of your bikes 4 times. It's a pointless waste of bandwidth.

Also please see the new BoTM guidelines

Two pictures per bike only.

:cool:

Sorry John !!!! Just a last ditch attempt at tempting the voters !!

I cant help it if im lacking somewhat and the importance of winning this competition means so very much to me !! :!:

John":3jksodr9 said:
Del,

please stop reattaching the same pictures of your bikes 4 times. It's a pointless waste of bandwidth.

Also please see the new BoTM guidelines

Two pictures per bike only.

:cool:

LOL!

Ah, the life of an admin/moderator. :D

delboy009":1ff7tzsy said:
I cant help it if im lacking somewhat and the importance of winning this competition means so very much to me !! :!:

Even if you don't win. I must say. It's somewhat of a thrill just to be a part of a VRC competition such as this. We're competing with some of the nicest bikes in the world. Aren't we? I think every BOTM entry is a winner. Past, present and future. It was excellent just getting a few votes. Some pretty high caliber bikes here. I'm pretty proud just to be a part of an elite group such as RetroBike and MTBR. Great groups of people. Friends to be made. Knowledge to be had. Almost like a huge family all over the world. Respecting one another for something we love to do. Not everyone can say they were up for BOTM. For that matter. Not everyone can say they're a part of great community of people.

XR4TI":xbfwuf9m said:
delboy009":xbfwuf9m said:

Even if you don't win. I must say. It's somewhat of a thrill just to be a part of a VRC competition such as this. We're competing with some of the nicest bikes in the world. Aren't we? I think every BOTM entry is a winner. Past, present and future. It was excellent just getting a few votes. Some pretty high caliber bikes here. I'm pretty proud just to be a part of an elite group such as RetroBike and MTBR. Great groups of people. Friends to be made. Knowledge to be had. Almost like a huge family all over the world. Respecting one another for something we love to do. Not everyone can say they were up for BOTM. For that matter. Not everyone can say they're a part of great community of people.

Word :!:

I've deleted my pics on the previous page, so here's the link to my "Readers' Bikes" page which contains pics and info:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8225&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

:D

Crikey- been away for a few days and its all livened up a bit! Seems that some cycnism exists behind the posting of the yeti. . : ( When it first wen up on the old thread (before it was hijacked by the Avtars) I mentioned that it might be up for sale- and I 'asked' in advance before it was submitted. Given all the kind words said about it, and the fact that it seemed to genuinely make some people happy, I though whilst these people are watching an interested, these people should be offeed first refulsal on it. As I said before, its too big for me and is just gathering dust, someone who really loves it should have it. And thats how I still feel. And for what its worth, first flights Ritchey for me is just stunning. You just can't buy beauty like that off the shelf. Real graft has gone into the creation of that, and that labour of love makes it a winner. Who cares if first flight are the keepers of our heritage and they have 250 potential winners. We all work hard each day, some buy a house, some a car, and first flight have invested it in a museum. How cool is that. So please no one whinge. .

AS I said before , NONE of us are the full time keepers of any of these machines. We are all just temporary keepers. No one lives forever.

And as the boss of the forum has said too- "don't take it all too seriously".

May the best steed win. Thay are all stunning. . . Except for the Zebra- thats just obscene. . . ;)

felixdelrio's 1988 Overbury's Pioneer gets my vote. It's classy, it's British... and I've always wanted to own one.

XR4TI's 1990 Pinarello Antelao was a serious contender, it's absolutely stunning.

XR4TI":1o3csiks said:
Almost like a huge family all over the world. .

I think it's a pretty cool part of VRC...the discipline is so specific within the umbrella of MTB, that us serious collectors no doubt cross paths...even at the global level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back