Thetford meet 13th Feb aftermath

jonnyboy666":2jlckray said:
fingers":2jlckray said:
I crashed my shiny retrobike!

when did that happen? and why is there no pic!! :D

I hit a log early on, front wheel slid out, bosh, into the grass... IIRC AverageMark was following, so may have seen!

Those 14 year old Z max tyres slip and slide everywhere...

fingers":43qsk1o9 said:

I was missing modern tyres too, the old stuff may look good but does not perform as good as modern triple compound tyres.

REKIBorter":3pvuesbf said:
fingers":3pvuesbf said:

I was missing modern tyres too, the old stuff may look good but does not perform as good as modern triple compound tyres.

Totally... Was also missing a little bit of front suspension!!!

But really, after all this time, that was my P7's maiden off road ride!!!!

No wonder the rear wheel lost tension and went 'dead' (like my legs...)

Right then first up big cheers to Curly for getting us useless ones there! and none of this rubbish about waiting for you, we expect to see you at the next meet! Thanks to Rick for showing us a few more trails to add to the collection, and thanks to Chris for, once again, organising us all.
Big cheers to everyone that made it, old and new, these Thetford meets are growing better and bigger each month. If we can manage a meet like this in the rubbish weather we have had for the last two imagine what it'll be like come summer and the trails come into their own! erm ..... that is all. O except i think Uma has been thouroughly used by a large selection of out members today .... not bad for a clown bike!

Great stuff. Looks like you all had a good day and a healthy turnout. Looking forward to seeing the MBR article. :cool:

Great day out chaps. Thanks to Chris for organising a good ride round Thetford - despite its well known flatness the riding was actually really good and (mostly) dry.

Good to see such an outstanding turnout with most on retro stuff (not the tractor meet i'd feared ;) ).

Also good to meet up with the guys from MBR - they were enthused by the kit and came along for a ride in the afternoon. They totally 'got' what the meet was all about. Looking forward to seeing the article now, finger crossed lou's uber-old skool Ron Hills make the front cover :D

It was good fun, a good turnout and nice riding. Looking foward to reading the article in MBR. Cheers for organising it. Better be another one soon.

Back