1994 Pine Mountain

No decals! I personally am not big on stickers all over things. If anyone fails to be impressed because of the lack of stickers, so be it. Those in the know will appreciate the frame for what it is. It's also a flam finish, so it's enamelled silver, then with 5 coats of blue tinted lacquer to give a deep shine - it's the kind of thing done on hotrods. You wouldn't want to hide that under stickers :cool:

The HS11s had bigger moto-style levers and a fiddly allen key adjuster. HS33 had a different (larger?) master cylinder, which gave even more leverage, and smaller levers with thumb adjusters. Racelines have a different cylinder arrangement again I think.

HS22 I think has been used twice - I have some very old HS22's which look just like the HS11.

I'm a bit of a Magura addict - I have a set of the rare drop bar ones on my tourer, and two Magura-equipped tandems.

I saw a set of the drop bar ones in the US last week for 250usd!

I ran into a little trouble on my maggies. The aluminum bolt kinda snapped off inside of the brake post when braking with the front. Had to order all new posts for my SID's, will now use STEEL bolts.

Yay for marins and modern(ish) forks! cheers on your beautiful bike mate! Thanks for the maggie lesson too :cool:

Aluminium bolts - what a daft idea. I do use them on the back, where all they have to do is stop the slaves falling off. And I do them up only just more than finger tight, with loads of copper grease to stop them corroding in.

Back