NPS Round 3, Margam Park

superstrong

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Well, what a terrible race! I like that course as its got a lot of climbing, which suits me. Also the weather was finally good after about a month of showers. I was really up for good ride after 2 x 2nd places in the series...but it turned into a bit of a disaster. After leading for 3 laps, i was caught by sam gardener, but 2nd place soon turned into 4th as i had to stop to re-fix a crank arm which was just about to fall off. Then a few other problems lead to being passed again, to finish 5th. Thats my 1st mechanical since i can remember - probably for years! Anyway, can only look forward, so hoping for good weather at the SSMM 24hr, followed by the National Champs a few weeks after. Hopefully will have the secret weapon unveiled for the 24hr. Not strictly a retro bike, more old school frame but its the best i can do at the mo. Maybe see if i can borrow something proper retro for the 1st lap. Also need to dig out a check shirt, jeans, moustache....

Tough luck Geoff, but still atleast you were able to finish..

Any pics anywhere ???

Looking forward to Mountain Mayhem, I'm sure we can find something suitably retro for you to take round for a lap or two..

superstrong":2x2rywbm said:
Thats my 1st mechanical since i can remember - probably for years!

more reason to ride retro - "they just don't build bikes like they used too!" :LOL:

hilts - i think there will be pix on bc website, not checked myself.
yeah something retro that works could be good for the 24hr, that would look great with a moustache.

madcowkev - i think ur right! never had a crank fall off a sq taper b/b.

Unlucky Geoffrey, maybe you can put things right and take the team to a beuatiful victory at the MM?? Or at least victory in the BBQ contest.

Probably just before disaster struck...

531900326_4c92873764.jpg

Attempting to get those places back..

532008045_7a9c919f9a.jpg

fabulous jersey isn't it !!!

Latest posts

Back