1991 Alpinestars Al Mega DX

mikee":1mbg6hgu said:
need more Astars on here :LOL:

I'm working my ass off to fulfil that request!! lol.

In answer to you question, as best I know the Al-mega frames received extra gusseting around the head/down/top tubes to alleviate the 'cracking' problem (I've got one on the way so pics to follow) and the rear drop-outs like forks came later in the evolution.

Steve

mikee":2pq65pth said:
anyone know how the al-mega frame changed over the (few) years
see a lot like jasons with the triangular drop out ,mines more like a fork
drop out
is this earlier ?
need more Astars on here :LOL:
Yours will be a 1992 or 1993 my friend. The 92 catalogue is also in the scans section, but if it's a 93 you have drop me a pm with the model number and i'll scan the relevant pages (the 93' catalogue happens to be a strange size also, hence I can't scan it properly!).

sinnett177":23iin09f said:
(the 93' catalogue happens to be a strange size also, hence I can't scan it properly!).

What size exactly, Mark, cos I have an A3 scanner (full colour) at work, if that's any use??

GT-Steve":1dx9wmc9 said:
sinnett177":1dx9wmc9 said:
(the 93' catalogue happens to be a strange size also, hence I can't scan it properly!).

What size exactly, Mark, cos I have an A3 scanner (full colour) at work, if that's any use??
Yep, would be as it's just bigger than A4 but smaller than A3 (A3.5 if you will. Like the bars not standard size, nor oversize, just a bloody pain in the ass size somewhere in the middle :D ), pm me your address and i'll post it after Christmas. I'll be needing it back though as it's a signed Tim Davies copy ;)

sinnett177":2ymq69fq said:
Like the bars not standard size, nor oversize, just a bloody pain in the ass size somewhere in the middle :D ), pm me your address

God bless the A-star Quirkiness! lol :D

pm'd

Wow, amaze to see so many A-stars fanatics here.

Thanks everyone for your inputs. Not going to ride it too hard as I hate to see it break! Sucha beauty.

chrisv40, will let you know if I need the stem.

GT-Steve, thanks for your offer, will definitely need your advise if I encounter any problems.

First thing first gonna strip it down and give it a good cleaning. Then will go to some LBS to hunt down a suitable stem.

Cheers

Nice bike. Just a cleaning on it, and not a lot of job…
Only one thing : the saddle in a more horizontal position… ;)

I could not find a replacement quill for my broken quill here in Singapore.

Search thru the web and found the following item. It is a adapter to convert from 1 1/4" threaded to 1 1/8" threadless.

Since I have to order from overseas, I would like to check with any A-stars owner if this item will work before I place the order?

The link is below:

http://www.spadout.com/p/nitto-mt-column/

Thanks in advance for your advice. :)

thats what i meant in my previous reply
if that goes the right way ,as it implies that'll be fine

btw you can also shim a 1 1/8" or 1" one of these to fit in the same way
you would a seatpost

Back