WTD : Cheap as chips Laptop..

Ok will do, I'll come back to you then, was there any other issues other than being slow and the power lead.. ?

Si

pigman":1d0pxdob said:
hey mike, if sithlord passes, i'll be up for it. It'll make a good starter for the lads till they get into it.
Meanwhile, i'll wait patiently, not an emergency.

hey up pigman

i also have the dell inspiron 3000 desk top pc which is a realy good pc but carnt get the cd drive working

no mate apart from that its fine.not bad for a dirt cheap laptop realy fella.dont think you will get any better :D

It sounds fine,, leave it with me today, and I'll come back to you.. I just want to see about the lead fella.. :)

Thanks for your efforts.. :)

Si

dunno about the desktop mike. Its possible, but I'd need to assess how much the cd drive will cost to replace and install. Then it depends what software/ what it can do etc.

when it comes to pc's (which I use 8 hrs/day at work), I'm the equivelent of the sales rep who drives 50k miles p.a, only knows that his car is a red one and doesnt know where the dipstick is.

I hadnt really thought about a pc at home, I just happened to see this thread and thought it was worth a punt. A laptop isnt a prerequisite as it wont be moving around anyway.

If I think about it, I reckon ultimatelyI would want
XP, as everyone says vista is crap
web access for me and kids, but wont be gaming
sound card would be handy so I can play music/films and hear whats being said on those Utube clips
DVD drive with recording facility
photo processing facility

I know I wont get all that for £30, but it would get us going and a feel for what's missing, if you get the drift.

Free-ads will probably be my friend, as I cant afford new and there might be lots for sale once people have opened their new windows 7 xmas pressies.

Back