...the long awaited klein thread......

Shamus,

Great collection you have and in all sizes and flavors :p Do you find it a big adjustment to go from your 20" frame to the 22"? In the pic it looks like your seat is set fairly normal on the 22" while I'd think you'd need to move it farther forward to fit you. Just curious...

legend1":2hqiwlb3 said:
shamus, i very much like the built with the tension disc/disc drive, kind of special on a klein. is it a rider?

Klein is, but disc is not... :LOL:

tapaniajelu2.jpg

Shamus, with those Kleins you really spoil us!

SF Klein":2q0m7p7c said:
John, the Tioga has always piqued my curiosity from a technical point of view. I used to think that the webbing was made of metal spoke material but I now understand that it's kevlar string so it can't be as heavy as I thought when I didn't know about the Kevlar, but what is the weight of it compared to a normal XC rear rim? Also, how do you find it rides in a light crosswind? (I'm assuming it gets ridden every now and then).

It's a bit heavier, obviously catches the wind a little but never felt it to be a big issue. That disco on the klein was NOS - didn't even last a ride. That remind me it needs rebuilding...

Too bad it didn't hold up. Might u mount it anyway and enter the America's Cup? If the right wind came along I'd guess you could get going up to 10 knots pretty easily :p

a few other colors

94 Pulse in pudget morning with zipgrip

sea&sky Attitude

backfire Adroit ultralight

@ legend1 - nice coral reef Atti

Holdi - some unique componentry you have on your bikes. :cool: :D I always thought Zip Grip frames were all recalled by Klein. I'm assuming that Zip Grip works fine on your frame? Cool. The Attitudes are very eye catching as well. Haven't seen an Ultralight Adroit before - just read about them in the catalogs. Nice.

A question for the Klein experts...

Head tube badges

Most pictured here don't have them, but my 93 Attitude has had one since new. Obviously the later frames have them painted on, but were they optional or on particular years of for diferrent markets??

I've only seen them on late '93's and '94's. I've also seen the badges sold separately on eBay so some folks are gluing them onto their frames no matter what the year. Looking at Klein's catalogs, NONE of the pics in there show a badge on the MTB's (I didn't look at the road frame pics) so it could be something that Klein did for a short period of time, or maybe just intermittently. They didn't start painting the "circle K" onto the head tubes until '97. The head tubes on my '93 and '96 have no badges.

EDIT: martin was faster with the answer and link concerning the headbadges...all is said there, so i delete my less detailed answer.

@holdi: thats now far beyond the point of "having some kleins", this is a real collection. very nice bikes, great i could already see some of them live. especially i am always impressed again from the matching of blue/turqoise parts with the S&S colour.

Back