18lb, 4oz ...of Tom's finest steel.. . :) updates page 5

re:

what size is your cassette? I'm thinking of getting an old Dura-ace unit to my 11-28cassette that would work right? or is yours a 9speed? would probarly be ok to ride friction on the xt thumbies and 9speed...

The cassette I am running is a mix of Dura ace and XTR, to get the ratios and weight down.. and its 9spd :) I use the dura ace thumbies on friction but they work indexed too.. :) just prefer the trim facility with the friction mode.. :)

:shock: :shock: Nice bike !! :shock: :shock:

But why changed the forks ? It look great with the Ritchey rigid !!

I realy love the frame.... feeling...uh... No, I'm not jealous... or... Yes I admit... I'm jealous... :oops:

Maybe a suggestion for the gears: Ritchey 2x9
I think that goes very well with the whole Ritchey idea of getting rid of things you don't use... :D

Did I mention that it's a nice bike already ??

Just to make things clear: THAT IS A NICE BIKE !!

mvd1974..
But why changed the forks ? It look great with the Ritchey rigid !!

I still have the Logics and intend to use them, but fancied a change..

Maybe a suggestion for the gears: Ritchey 2x9
I think that goes very well with the whole Ritchey idea of getting rid of things you don't use...

I have several sets of 2 x 9 drivesets, and am waiting to find a logic compact crank in order to complete the build as I want.. :)

Thanks for the kind comments, its a fantastic bike, really nice, and has spurred me on to add two other ritcheys to the stable ;)

captain8track

okay, what´s the biggest cog? friction is great in the mud...

The biggest I run on this at the min is 27t , although I cannot see a problem running larger.. :) , friction is great much prefer the adjustment available, as you say when the gears are plastered in mud it helps :) .. Why shimano went away from this option on there shifters I dont know..
:roll:

Bart , not had chance yet to try out the stem or the forks with me being ill fella, but the day is coming.. ;) :)

Must admit i prefer the look of the bike with the Logics, the Judy's may look better colour matched to the frame though.

Well there has been a few changes on this recently and I will be posting new pics over the next few days.. weight is now at 18.8 lbs with some nice forks ;)

Watch this space.. :)

Sithlord":7izruh6j said:
Well there has been a few changes on this recently and I will be posting new pics over the next few days.. weight is now at 18.8 lbs with some nice forks ;)

Watch this space.. :)

:cool: hope to see it in the flesh soon bud.

Back