NWA: Farleton Fell. Saturday 28/11/09 !!!ALL WELCOME!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No worries Mark, get fit for a big RB 2010.

Had a ride over some of the route yesterday. The first bridleway will have to be removed in favour of a nice country lane. It was just too boggy and dangerous with super slippy limestone lurking beneath a layer of leaves and mud.

On the fell itself conditions are very good indeed. The DH course was tricky but there is a path running straight down the middle of it for anyone wanting to bail. The rest of the fell is in great fettle, as I say it drains extremely well. I'm going to keep all the off-road stuff to the fell and the rest will be country lanes (so probably a 2/3 of it will be country lanes).

Here's a few pics for yesterday:

2009_1115FF0024.jpg

2009_1115FF0023.jpg

2009_1115FF0026.jpg

2009_1115FF0025.jpg

Cheers Sidewinder, might take you up on that later or even attend an organised one. :)

I was actually gonna do my old loop in Greetland Halifax with the GF this weekend as a bit of a leisurely warm up training run. Didn't take bikes as she was convinced weather would be horrid plus she had lady flu. Good job cos the shonky guest bed at me mums plus putting me socks on mangled my muscles!

---

Cheers Mark, Looks great. Really looking forward to putting miles on the Orange build in 2010.

The weather forecast is REALLY HORRID even by west of Scotland standards.

Despite being a Scot I really do not enjoy riding in the peeing rain, here's hoping it clears up before Saturday :?

Looks like we are fighting a losing battle with the weather for Saturdays ride. Kendal is under 3 ft of water and I believe the forecast isn't getting any better.

I'm thus going to propose a postponement until next Saturday 28th. I'm sure this will rule some out, but hopefully those who can make it will get a good days riding.

Cheers Mark

reanimation":2cxgxcn3 said:
Damn I might have to bail, Sorry, I've been collecting bits for my survival returning to do a RB ride but my bad back reared its ugly head again yesterday, I've been proactively fixing it since spring/summer (dalby warm up), but stress at work has made it counteractive. It will prob be too much too soon, too far away from home. :oops: :(

Have fun if I don't make it, and I'll keep training with early 2010 in mind

Will be great to have you out and about again Mark. See you on the 3 tribes ride in May??

Si

Hey thanks Si. :)

yeah I'll have a look at that cheers. I'm keen to get some action in 2010.

---

Weather is a bit of a lucky dip at the mo isn't it, best luck on the ride y'all. :)

Sorry fellas, thought it best to give decent notice of this. The ground is saturated and houses are being evacuated in nearby Kendal. Really hoping we can get it on next weekend, It's not ideal I know (i'll be coming off nights!), but this is probably the last chance this year to hold it.

Sounds a sensible idea to postpone. I was just about to say it wasnt worth me coming all that way to ride on mainly country lanes in the wet.
Hope it dries up a bit for next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back