Project Verlicchi DH, the Italian Stallion - Finito !

there is one for sale on ebay . fr , but the rear shock is blocked . same colour as yours , but no stickers to tell which brand it was .

I had to dig this from the archives..

I bought a 1994 Verlicchi, which is missing the original Marzocchi air shock..so what is the lenght of the original? Anyone got idea where I could get one? At least Risse is making replacement shocks to fit early 90's bikes, but the original would be most interesting..

The bike is in excellent condition. It's been ridden just a few times, and a lot of parts need just cleaning and polishing. It even has a Sugino disc wheel, other parts include Critical Racing cantilevers with SRP titanium bolts, Grafton cranks, xtr rear derailleur etc.

Tizumo,

1st, welcome :)

Your bike sounds kinda familiar to me, but there could be more with pretty much the same finishing of course.

Anyway, I will measure shock length for you tomorrow. In case you not hear back from me, drop me a line.

No idea where to get the original shock. Could try Marzocchi as I have been told they still stock quite al lot old parts -especially compared to other makes-, but that could also be wishfull thinking.

cchris2lou":2qpfu0ve said:
and the Italian female rider won numerous races on it .

A great classic this bike .

That'll be Giovanni Bonazzi, she rocked! Kim Sonier also ran one under 'Iron Horse' too. Rob Warner and Peaty as well.

What a gorgeous build and in prime condition . I used to have one back in 93 which i used for DH racing , at the time full suspension was really just starting to come through .Unfortunatley one of my swingarms snaped but was able to get hold of another one fairly easily .They did what they were built for and that was to go downhill fast . It is still one of my favourite looking bikes as it wasn't to over complicated and just looked right . I wouldn't mind getting one again . Heres a photo of me with it with disc drive and tri spoke

Attachments

• Ashcombe 1993.jpg
    Ashcombe 1993.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 1,759
Tizumo":n3z1ybib said:
I bought a 1994 Verlicchi, which is missing the original Marzocchi air shock..so what is the lenght of the original?

12cm c-c long shock :)

Through linkage effect resulting in 9cm travel at the rearwheel.

Thanks!! First I measured app. 130mm max c-c for the shock, then guys at Risse told me that their shock designed for 1992-95 Iron Horse is 128mm, so in case Marzocchi doesn't have these anymore I might concider that..There isn't too much space for the shock :? .

Back