pace rc200

evilgurningmonkey":3a0jk0si said:
Im originally from Derby
do you know gavin @ mercian?

Hi, great looking Pace you've got :cool:

Know Gavin quite well as Mercian is my LBS - he always has a good look over my retro purchases.
Are you related? as sure Gavin's dad works for/owns an aerospace engineering firm.

Dave.

I grew up round the corner from gav and used to go cycling with him when he got his first job at bedrock bikes. Ask him about there. I went to same school as him. He knows my bike I think he made the front wheel. I know the wheels were built there. Never trued them yet! And the nipples still move after so long. Didn't realise it was classed as retro until I started cycling again. This is the second frame I had from pace as Gavin pointed out when they built the rear wheel that the frame was wonky! They pointed it out to pace and they sent me this one. If you see Gavin say hi from stu
thanks for the compliment I was going to get rid of it for a carbon fibre new thing but might keep it now just need a sus fork

A nice set of RC35 / RC36 will suit that a treat.

You can swap the steerer on them, so you might be able to keep your ti steerer as well. If not, you can buy a set with a 1 1/8 steerer, then look for a 1" steerer tube.

Nice bike!

I wouldn't mind that. Any ideas where to get some ? I'm waiting for a number someone I know said there was a guy in Dublin that buys and renews and sells old forks. I did have on it years ago some gold stanchioned pro class forks. I have no idea shy I sold them?!

3 words (well, one)

justbackdated

Tim is the main man when it comes to old school Pace forks. Drop him a note on here via PM. If he can't sort you out with a set straight away, then keep your eyes peeled for a set and if they need servicing he can revive them for you.

.....i couldnt say anything about a square pace that hasnt been said a thousand times on here....great looking bike,that mech looks a work of art too!!......i think the rigid forks really suit it,simple and light,i would keep them right there....

I was also thinking the carbon fibre rigid forks if I could keep my ti steerer
anyone know if its a possibilty or where I can get any again one inch steerer

Do you mean the RC31s?

You can't replace the steerer on those. They were available in 1", but you might struggle to find some with a steerer long enough for yours.

Back