Dorset/Purbecks ride anyone??

makster":1klp3yh3 said:
This one is for Heathy! Its the view from within Fort Henry. Churchill, King George VI, General Sir Bernard Montgomery, and General Dwight D. Eisenhower have all stood here, to watch D-Day preperations ;)

fisher091.jpg

fisher096.jpg

That's it i have to come now ;) Just need to jig my old mans 60th around it :?

Has a date been firmed yet ?, If its the third weekend does that mean the 18th , The 18th and 25th are both cool with me, I think my brother will try and join us.

Bit of an update, before I bugger off on holiday for a week :D
Raymondmole contacted me yesterday with details of a Purbecks retro ride that he has already started organising.
Its with a group of local riders who are regulars riders on The Purbecks, and he's got a group of 15 riders so far!

Here is the poster he has put up in local bike shops, which I'm sure will attract further punters.....

retro_ride_134.jpg

Be good if we could start getting an idea of numbers from here who are intending to come along. A good turn-out of forum members would be good, as there could be plenty of recruiting to do :LOL:

If anyone has any questions about the ride/local transport etc while I'm away, then I'm sure that local members Lumos2000 or Raymondmole will be able to help.
As I said at the start, I could put-up a few people at my flat if anyone want to travel from further a-field for this

Balls to it so long as the weekend before in Dartmoor doesnt kill me, Im keen, any one able to put me up for a night as I'll be coming from London.

Also dont worry about waiting for my slow arse, I'll continiue at my own pace...on my own pace :p

Which pace is it thats excluded from the disc brake rule? RC300? I cant quite make it out.

JeRkY":3b3gm4s6 said:
Balls to it so long as the weekend before in Dartmoor doesnt kill me, Im keen, any one able to put me up for a night as I'll be coming from London.

Also dont worry about waiting for my slow arse, I'll continiue at my own pace...on my own pace :p

Which pace is it thats excluded from the disc brake rule? RC300? I cant quite make it out.

You're welcome to reserve the sofa-bed at mine Rob. May suggest a local curry the night before, for whoever is interested

thought i'd just quickley check this thread for a date as i didn't think i'd be able to make it coz of poo loads of overtime but it is possible!!! i can be there!!! woo hoo!! :D

although i expect to be seriousley at the back!!! severe lack of riding due to work! :(

a postcode for the satnav and details of a place to park would be useful

cheers

jon :D

im not sure about postcods but theres loads of parking along bournemouth front and its a short ride to the ferry. theres also lots of parking nearer the ferry. at this time of year you shoulden't have a problem as all the grockles have gone home

Back