Mr K's Day in the Peaks 26th September FINAL ARRANGEMENTS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
me and my stomach (swine flu?) bug will still be coming - I've lost 1/2 stone sitting on the bog at 3, 4, 5, 6am this morning so no snogging.

Ok, not that I know where it is, but you lot seem to...

Meet outside the Woodbine cafe.

9.30am for a realistic 9.45am depart.

This will reduce the likelyhood of being timed out later in the afternoon after the innevitable retrobike mechanical, chat, faff stops. :D

See you all there.

As LGF and DR S have said, anyone fancying din dins the night before, get in touch, we'll be up Friday night.

:D

Is Din Din going to be in Hope or Castleton?

My ETA is between 7 and 8. I think Marky Sinnett is going to be a little later. Will give him a ring and find out what he wants to do regarding food and drinkies.

Si

Dr S":jlcylrai said:
Is Din Din going to be in Hope or Castleton?

My ETA is between 7 and 8. I think Marky Sinnett is going to be a little later. Will give him a ring and find out what he wants to do regarding food and drinkies.

Si
I'm at work Si so won't be able to answer. My worst case scenario is to leave work at the usual time of 1930 and thus be in the Peaks for 2130 ish, but hopefully my kind boss will let me go a few hours early.

Loading the car up tonight, I ain't got anything sorted for saturday night but will take a bit of camping gear in case i'm sleeping drunk in the car.

See you all there.

Sorry guys but I'm out,child care meant it was in doubt anyway but I've come off the road bike this morning,managing to bang my left knee which has swollen to quite a size.This is the same knee I had surgery on a couple of years ago so daren't risk it :cry:
Have a nice ride :D

Wu-Tangled":ccj4vsbe said:
Ok, not that I know where it is, but you lot seem to...

Meet outside the Woodbine cafe.

9.30am for a realistic 9.45am depart.

Good call Gus ;)

Si now has my cellphone number and I have his and Mark's, I'll be there about 7.30pm and if I don't hear any different will be in The Cheshire Cheese Inn on Edale Road, Hope with Jango on Friday night.

Am more than happy to go to whatever pub in Hope you guys are going to though, just let me know.

Well, just dragged the van through another MOT and put some rent in the window and two bikes in the back. Should be leaving here around 4 tomorrow. See you in the Cheese before nine.

Apologies for absence - been abroad for a week.

The Official Mr K's Peaks Ride will start at 10.00am (for 10.30am pedal off) outside the Woodbine Cafe. Max and I will be there from 8.30am having breakfast if anyone wants to join us...

I am unable to ride off road at present, however I will be marshalling your progress and taking snaps en route at key locations including the traditional Hillclimb Challenge in the Quarry.

I will dish out prepared maps of last year's fabled route on the morning and Max (Retroking) will sweep up anyone who sees fit to get lost - although several of you will recall it's key features...

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?hl=en& ... 58272&z=13

I've also marked where I hope to be stationed with the camera.

The Retro Pub Quiz will take place around 7.30pm in a convenient hostelry - venue to be agreed on the day.

Stay cool people and remember, it's only for fun....

Mr K

peaks meet

Myself and P20 will be weekending in the Cote d' Glossop Friday and possibly Saturdaying in some B&B wherever . I might have to let him know roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back