East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

unocogero":pieaq1ix said:
orange71":pieaq1ix said:
I'm cycling to work tomorrow

I think I'll ride to work friday as the cars in for it's MOT. I might take the Kona Sutra if the bloody thing doesn't sell on ebay tomorrow.

These are some images of the torch. The bracket is a handlebar drinks holder but I think it would be better zipped tied to the helmet.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TerraLUX-TLF-3C2A ... 286.c0.m14.

Good rechargeables would make a real difference to run time I think.

My brothers £50 mega light broke down on the first ride! He tracked it down to a loose connection in the battery and has fixed it...

I've just bought one of these - cost £49 - a bit above my budget but the reviews seemed good and 900 lumens for 3 hours?! Bargainalicious :D

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.25149

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Got to take the plunge soon. Await your verdict with interest.
Taking the Pace to Pembroke, and just sorted out an interesting-looking 30 miler with lots off road and scarey contours in places.
Can't believe this weather :D :D

yes you've picked a great weekend - wish ours had been like that - though to be honest I would have then been wishing I was on my bike!!

They are the ones my bother got. Apart from his little connection problem (which was a quick fix) he is absolutely delighted with them...(Interestingly I had the same battery fault on my Hopes so it just goes to show!)

I think I might have to put in an order myself ;)

Have a nice holiday Rob!

Thanks guys.

Travelling down tomorrow as it turns out so managed a ride from home this morning. General Repton shrubs / nemesis /Ticknall loop in reverse. Great going down nemesis, interesting going up our usual downs. Really enjoyable though but seemed to be far more climbing involved. Good practice for Mr K.

Now how do I manage to change the front mech when I'm supposed to be cleaning the house :roll:

unocogero":3cwc58xg said:
They are the ones my bother got. Apart from his little connection problem (which was a quick fix) he is absolutely delighted with them...(Interestingly I had the same battery fault on my Hopes so it just goes to show!)

I think I might have to put in an order myself ;)

I've taken the precaution of buying a US->UK plug adapter off ebay as it looks like it only comes with US style 2 pin plug - am I right?

tumbleweed2.gif

Back