1995 Stumpjumper FSR

Re: Scalpel

captain8track":r0bg412b said:
Specialized made the first scalpel in the mid 90's that's pretty cool!

'Wonder if thats because so many kids were smashing themselves up on Specialized bikes, they felt they'd help the surgeons out by making some decent precision tools...? :LOL:

Re: Scalpel

captain8track":26lz2mz0 said:
Specialized made the first scalpel in the mid 90's that's pretty cool!

Yeah, it means you can still get some shocks short enough to fit these old FSRs too :D

Mind you, they're arguably better than Scalpels 'cos they're proper Horst Link innit.

DoctorRad":3isadnea said:
FYI, the seatposts on the S-Works version are 29.2, not sure if the 'Sport' is the same, but wouldn't want you to over-clamp something slightly too narrow in there...

Seatpost was in there when I got it.
I was gonna shim it down and put a carbon post in, but I've kinda got round to liking the big shiney post. Have plans to get shiney stem and bars to even things up a bit.

New bits arrived:

Red Sachs wavey shifters
Red FSA headset
Shiney silver stem
Clear "Gripshift" grips to compliment the waveys

Still looking for a shiney handlebar! :cool:
(Red ano one has been benched for now.)

jimmy5willy":3si0u4ae said:
New bits arrived:

Red Sachs wavey shifters
Red FSA headset
Shiney silver stem
Clear "Gripshift" grips to compliment the waveys

Still looking for a shiney handlebar! :cool:
(Red ano one has been benched for now.)

Yay, looking forwards to seeing the build. Will be putting out a shout for bits for my second S-works build when I know what I'm missing. Going to be a BETD long-travel kit conversion with Z1s up front.

Total Frankenbike stylee, but a test-bed for my redesign of the back end to be able to use a wider range of shocks (i.e. ones you can get readily). There may be a limited run of custom side plates and/or replacement rods in the offing if there's any interest.

Will keep you posted.

Cheers,

Dr. Matt...

This week, I have mostly been playing with handlebars. :D
There is also a Silver-Red-Silver White Industries chainset here though.

12840_298929285540_717250540_9473755_1760971_n.jpg

Oh and I forgot to mention -That cnc'd brace came from the scruffy dude at Brighton Big Dog.
£4. Good score! :cool:

All the tough stuff is done. Just needing a new cassette, chain, brakes and cables now.

woopwoop :LOL:

(Some sun would be nice too...)

Back