1996 Kona Kilauea

both of the above very nice, something about the Kilauea... actually maybe just Konas in general.

Lewis - I too did just that! sold a '97 Kilauea frame without ever having built it.. regretted it instantly so set about finding another.. got lazy and have bought a complete bike :LOL: hassle free though and is arriving early next week, looks to have lots of original or nicely upgraded itemage on it too.. super double chuffed :D

kilaueas are great. lovely lively bikes. considering it's got the same geo and same build kit as my lava dome, it rides LOADS better

must admit I'd always wondered if it was better than the lava dome, cinder cone etc which were basically the same with different tubes.
for what it's worth the white Prestige tubed '95 model was way better than this one to ride, and has me tempted by the Orange which still uses said tubing. not sure I could ever trade in this one though it has a special place in my heart, the dent is still in the wallet though :eek:)
CCE, that has nowhere near enough bling for a 90s bike!! wanna buy some shiny shiny bolts? purple, red, blue, gold? hehe
I found a nice wooded area to give the old girl a spanking today and much fun was had by all :)

it's subtle. I'm not, so it has to be. Lots of nice touches, just mainly in black and silver. Real designs x-levers pace chainrings etc

lusty":70lbgn5o said:
for what it's worth the white Prestige tubed '95 model was way better than this one to ride, and has me tempted by the Orange which still uses said tubing. not sure I could ever trade in this one though it has a special place in my heart, the dent is still in the wallet though :eek:)
I have a 95 and a 97 Kilauea (same Columbus Cyber main tubes as yours, but different stays) and I prefer the Cyber frame, which is also a fair bit lighter. So it's obviously all down to personal taste.

The similarity between the Tange Prestige Concept tubeset that the 95 Kilauea was made of and the modern Prestige that Orange were using is mainly in the name I think, although I'm not sure what type of Prestige Orange used - as they gave no details, I suspect it was the cheapest. Anyway, they're doing the 853 frame now, a snip at only £550.

Back