Bianchi revival

kd498

Old School Hero
Feedback
View
bianchi.jpg

As the frame arrived to me. From a work colleague.
Paint work was thick and hard cracked/crazed.
Chrome look chainstay gave me food for thought.
No idea on the year, not been able to pin it down, though i have reason to believe that it is late eighties.
Calibrati 1-20 tubing. Not found much information on this one.
By luck, or maybe because i want it to be, the size is about correct.
After some eBaying and some time in the garage we have the finished item. Unless i'm stopped you can't tell it was not supposed to be a chrome finish.
The chrome was just what i found under the paint. Ends of the tubes near the joints dont really polish up, but looks fine for a free-bee.

bianchifront.jpg

[/img]

....fixed

Its not fixed yet.
First plan was a build up for size and to see if my body was compatible with a road bike setup.
I have been keeping an eye out for a fixed rear wheel.
Bike was built up cheap, so dont want to ruin that with a rear wheel that costs the earth.
Certainly something i need to try.
Fixed is definitely an excuse for another bike :p

This place gives me too many ideas:
http://www.fixedgeargallery.com/

Nice bike.
Simplicity is what i like.
illegal to not have brakes in the UK (on the public highways)
Well.... 2 means of stopping the bike. One can be the legs on a fixed, would still need a front brake. heard things about the police not accepting fixed as a brake in some circumstances though. :(
So track bikes are not quite as relevant as they are in the US.
But cool links all the same.
I will be trying fixed, but the wait for a value rear wheel is necessary. Cycling is not my first, or cheapest sport, so i cant be blowing all the money to try it out.

yeah its illegal on this side o the pond too.buddy of mine got a fixit ticket the other day for riding without brakes... their gonna have to catch me first.

thats nice,
been thinking of putting together a fixed, not sure on frame sizing though,
any one help me out??
its weird because i have recently been looking at those sites

Latest posts

Back