RoadB.o.T.M. August 2009 - POLL NOW UP!

Who has your favourite Roadbike this month?

• Elev12k’s Koga ProRacer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Guv’nrs Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra

• LGF’s Eddy Merckx Strada

• Jamiedyer’s Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra

• bikemeister2000’s RSP Ti Road bike

• Old Ned’s MKM TT

• Mr K’s Cinelli

• Pickle’s Pennine

• daj’s GT Force

• cchris2lou’s Racingbik

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Senri’s Legnano 6 Volte

• Rossi’s Paris Galibier

• P20’s Colnago C40

• ededwards’ Eddy Merckx

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • MCK’s Klein Quantum II

• JPintheCAN’s LeJeune

• richwoodham’s Mercian Road/Path

• Total voters
LGF Merckx

I had the hardest time trying to decide between two of the Merckx's. After much deliberation I have settled on LGF's.

A very, very strong first ever Roadbike of the Month, especially as there is no steel Colnago, De Rosa, Pinarello, Gios etc. - I'd have though Shamus' wine red Colnago would have been a definite contender.

Will be interesting to see how it ultimately shapes out (I've got no real idea where to place my vote) and whether the four :shock: Corsa Extras end up splitting the Merckx vote......

It seems a number of Merckx bikes might split up the votes for aficionados of all of those, ah, does the Le Jeune have Huret derailleurs" Those are so finely made. Is this one of those polls were people can see how we voted?? Most of all of them are very good and I could feel different an hour later but feel comfortable with my choice. Good Show All!

I like the water bottle rack on the handlebars look, very dashing and very very old school if you see some of those old tour de France books, like the guys who'd race carrying innertubes on their backs. The Galibier has it but if you did that in this modern day, then you'd have to find the right looking bottles and all that to make it convincing looking.

The Klein is very nice, does anyone know the kinds of pedals it has?? Shimano 600 or maybe other kinds of seen?? Still, it's relatively recent and another nice bike.

Just wait if I get camera fitted and get some pix of my bike with the foam handlebar grips online! I pity the competition! :cool:

I almost voted for the Gold Cinelli, the tires look a bit dry which is not a negative. It seems different to be looking up at a bicycle.

I've written four different posts and then deleted them... I am still miles from making up my mind. Its a nice decision to have to make, though. ;)

So much classy stuff but in the end it has to be John's Corsa Extra for me - it was the rear mech what swung it.

ededwards":1cfa5xgn said:
I'd have though Shamus' wine red Colnago would have been a definite contender.

Stupid holidays... I totally forget to nominate my Master :roll:
Anyway, here is really great bikes!

It has to be the Raleigh 853 for me.
Superb condition, totally period but still 100% practical to go and bang some miles on.

I love that paint finish - very rare to see one like that.

Last few hours remaining people before we crown the first EVER Road BoTM Winner! :D

Get your votes in now!

Well, I would say a fairly clear win for Rossi’s Paris Galibier.

Well done that man! :D

Cheers folks for the votes :LOL:

I would just like to thank my parents for the wonderful job they did......sorry wrong awards!!!

Big hand to the other bikes, all top quality in their own right.

If anyone wants to see the bike and more besides it is on display at my families bike museum at Walton Hall and Gardens, near Warrington.

PM me for more details.
Thanks again, first time I've entered, does everyone get nervous :roll:

Back