Sexy Goat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have nothing against freedom of speech and respect ones right to have whatever political persuasion one fancies.... but that lot are just downright nasty.
Retrobike might be UK based but is a global community and I for one don't want anyone from foreign shores reading that crap. I'm proud that we live in a diverse multicultural society and I despise the zealots that would like change that.

Sorry, but thats my opinion and I ain't going to change it!

Si, getting down off his soapbox.

Nice Goat.

elite504":ed9va5k3 said:
Politics and religion is the stuff of wars, and for other forums. . .

unbloody the noses, change the Avatar, and move on methinks. . .. ;)

Indeed, update the location and we'll move along.

As for the username/avatar the reference if intended to be antagonistic is lost on me. surely it's just a navy thing.

Dr S":yjru5l1l said:
I have nothing against freedom of speech and respect ones right to have whatever political persuasion one fancies.... but that lot are just downright nasty.
Retrobike might be UK based but is a global community and I for one don't want anyone from foreign shores reading that crap. I'm proud that we live in a diverse multicultural society and I despise the zealots that would like change that.

Sorry, but thats my opinion and I ain't going to change it!

Si, getting down off his soapbox.

nothing wrong with stating your opinion on someone elses opinion.

I've been getting hassled for getting on a member for their somehwat abrassive opinions. My response to him, is that I'm well within my rights, to make an opinion on his opinion. Once you stated something on a public forum, it becomes the business of everyone who reads it.

I digress...

oh, one more thing, every country has its biggots/racists/etc... I would never judge the population of a country by the few bad apples.

again...this is a nice Goat :D

Sexy Goat

Wow! I am going to offer my apologies to any members so inclined to be offended by my opportunistic Location entry….. including an Anglophobic member.

Before initiating membership ….I noticed all aspects of entry displayed in and by the members. I was quite surprised on how many entries some members have posted….. thousands !

I wasn’t aware of this website…but it is quite interesting and amazing for what it does….

I noticed there seems to be some freedom allowed by the Guv ‘ nor as to requirements for “Location”. There seems to be quite some… “Persuasion”… in those entries. None are displeasing, though I dare say some have political undertones….as to different activities. Please forgive me … but I refer to… jez-4-bikes-mas / scants / Legrandefromage / tintin40… and this list is just for this topic thread…alone.

My post was spot on… as to subject…Sexy Goat. No mention or referral to politics… other than to the subject of value… of a… WOW! vintage Mountain Goat… and maybe a reference to the other comments from longstanding members lamenting our dear, loved and lost, Land Rover….to somewhere in India, I believe… Sshh… eins verboten.

I am enamored with the ingenuity of Retro mountain bikes.. This Mountain Goat Deluxe is just all over it…with a little help from the Italians… Now there is a good example of diverse multicultural efforts… to be proud of… I might add.
So you ask yourself…who has shown their true colors in their posts… methinks..DS.

“SHIVER ME TIMBERS”
Retro translates to rare and at this website…something special. That’s why the members post their unusual, or hard to find offerings….and show us their grand collections…

I like to stick to the subject … It is or was or is… that Sexy Goat….

There is some controversy on what makes up a true Campagnolo Record OR Group, There seems to be some confusion as to whether there was a complete group or did Campy combined existing Icarus with just some new cranks and derailleurs?

PS. Gov’nor,… if you have the time and before any censorship..would you drop me a note….thank you for this consideration.

Ride On !!!

Nothing wrong with your post sunshine, its your antagonistic Location tag that stinks. I see it is still there?

Is it just me that is offended by it?

Si

Sunshine is it now...?
Where's your head...looking out or looking in or just stuck... , respectfully...

Let's talk about the Mountain Goat and it's features... Do you have some knowledge about the Campagnolo Record OR group that I posed for members?

J. J. Pusser":180x1y65 said:
Wow! I am going to offer my apologies to any members so inclined to be offended by my opportunistic Location entry….. including an Anglophobic member.

Before initiating membership ….I noticed all aspects of entry displayed in and by the members. I was quite surprised on how many entries some members have posted….. thousands !

I wasn’t aware of this website…but it is quite interesting and amazing for what it does….

I noticed there seems to be some freedom allowed by the Guv ‘ nor as to requirements for “Location”. There seems to be quite some… “Persuasion”… in those entries. None are displeasing, though I dare say some have political undertones….as to different activities. Please forgive me … but I refer to… jez-4-bikes-mas / scants / Legrandefromage / tintin40… and this list is just for this topic thread…alone.

My post was spot on… as to subject…Sexy Goat. No mention or referral to politics… other than to the subject of value… of a… WOW! vintage Mountain Goat… and maybe a reference to the other comments from longstanding members lamenting our dear, loved and lost, Land Rover….to somewhere in India, I believe… Sshh… eins verboten.

I am enamored with the ingenuity of Retro mountain bikes.. This Mountain Goat Deluxe is just all over it…with a little help from the Italians… Now there is a good example of diverse multicultural efforts… to be proud of… I might add.
So you ask yourself…who has shown their true colors in their posts… methinks..DS.

“SHIVER ME TIMBERS”
Retro translates to rare and at this website…something special. That’s why the members post their unusual, or hard to find offerings….and show us their grand collections…

There is some controversy on what makes up a true Campagnolo Record OR Group, There seems to be some confusion as to whether there was a complete group or did Campy combined existing Icarus with just some new cranks and derailleurs?

PS. Gov’nor,… if you have the time and before any censorship..would you drop me a note….thank you for this consideration.

Ride On !!!

quoted for its eloquence alone; that's one well written post. Still, one can't help but wonder why you might be surprised by a member being offended by your location. Are you an active member of the BNP? Do you agree with their commitment to stemming and reversing the tide of non-white immigration and to restoring, by legal changes, negotiation and consent the overwhelmingly white makeup of the British population that existed in Britain prior to 1948?

If not, why put that there?

I say, welcome to retrobike, and feel free to stay; we have nothing against all people being members, but prepare to be flamed for such a view, and in my opion rightly so. It is your right, as it is our right.

Dr S":180x1y65 said:
Nothing wrong with your post sunshine, its your antagonistic Location tag that stinks. I see it is still there?

Is it just me that is offended by it?

Si

No, Si; it's offensive. I'm just not sure if it should be censored...in fact, I don't think it should since the result of it will be a slippery slope.

The Mountain Goat is a nice looking bike but there are better bikes if you are lookng for a bike to ride, not look at. It is over-priced.
The Record OR groupset includes some parts from the lower spec groupsets- seatpost, shifters for example. Campag is pretty but does not function as well as Shimano and is again overpriced.
Land Rovers are garbage so who gives a toss if they are now owned by a foreign country. Bentley and Rolls Royce on the other hand should not have been sold overseas.
My head is where is should normally be thanks and not in, up, or stuck anywhere

Now go away. With respect of course.

Thanks
si

Re: Sexy Goat

J. J. Pusser":1py3iejs said:

“SHIVER ME TIMBERS”

Ride On !!!

A lot of words to say nothing of interest.

You have 2 PMs now. Please change your location, esp since this is clearly antagonistic given you're from the US.

On another tack is this your bike?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back