Raleigh Rally & Pentlands Meet Sunday 16th August

.........and the answer is ....bare frame (no headset cups, no BB, nothing) = 8lb 8oz dead on :shock: gulp :shock: :shock:

Here's more frightening for you, original spec which mine has includes steel everything, not an bit of alloy, wide steel rims, 36 spoke plain gauge, BMX 21.1mm internal diameter steerer tube on forks and rotten brakes !!!!!!!!!!!

I've upgraded to Vee brakes so I can at least stop coz all that weight takes some stopping. I think the bike approaches 40 Ibs :shock:

On the plus side the bike is very stable with predictable handling and quite comfy if a little dull feeling.

Velo

if you're hauling 40lbs around the hils - that'll be why your a wiry (wirey?) cycling CTC looking geezer and I'm slightly more padded :p

Get pics up of the BSA :D

Hi All

I may attempt to make it along just for a show and tell of the recently built M-Trax gate - think the ride is beyond my capacity at the moment....

it will be good to see you boxxer, ...if you walk the first climb it really isn't too bad after that.... although I have no idea what the intended route is.

I've no idea of the route either, so if DaveDH fails to show I reckon on appointing you David aka'TheKen' as deputy guide. Basically someone who can string some interesting sections of riding together will be useful. BITD I admittedly just followed others around the Pentlands so did not think about routes. :oops:

Be good to see you Boxxer and don't worry, we really are the slowest mtb'rs in existence, lots of stops and chinwags coupled with the fact someone will have a 'mechanical' with their old bike, probably me :roll:

Cheers Velo

Did I say my bike had brakes, not in the wet it doesn't, not at all in fact :LOL:

Changing front wheel to an alloy rim will hopefully help :roll:

Velo

well , i priced some helmets and have decided to just use my full face one instead :LOL: :LOL:

i'm thinking about fitting some mudguards since it's going to be muddy but i don't want to spoil the bike (or the photos) :LOL:

Blimey, not prepared to fork out £20 on a cheap lid but happy to hunt down expensive exotica for his bike.

Big Eck, your going to look daft but distinctive :LOL:

Might have cracked the brakes issue, filing shallow lines into the steel rims brake surface, like the milled rims you encountered from manufacturers who at least tried to work around the poor braking issue. Proof will be in the riding :roll:

Velo

Latest posts

Back