Fat Chance Titanium TFM006

Fat

IMHO the fork looks fine, it's the silver headset etc that makes things look wrong, the four colours balck Ti Silver and blue are just a bit too much, I felt the Rond Hubbed wheels looked better too, I had a set of Rond factory wheels BITD, super light and really strong, wish I'd never sold 'em!

Re: Fat

Wold Ranger":3g9hn9ht said:
IMHO the fork looks fine, it's the silver headset etc that makes things look wrong, the four colours balck Ti Silver and blue are just a bit too much, I felt the Rond Hubbed wheels looked better too, I had a set of Rond factory wheels BITD, super light and really strong, wish I'd never sold 'em!

i am sorry that i made it look hideous

Re: Fat

Defiant":2u2hc8ri said:
Wold Ranger":2u2hc8ri said:

i am sorry that i made it look hideous

:LOL: and so you should be ...shocking absolutely shocking. ;)

Defiant":1dyc5q78 said:
Thanks Dave,

well actually, in real the fork looks really great , it looks together with the oversized titanium tubes well in proportion

FatFinal.jpg

The fork is a Tange Struts only "FAT" , these are thicker then the normal struts.
The fork handles like a dream and designed by Chris Chance for Tange so the circle is there, I won't be changing it for now, certainly not for a Tange Switchblade (i have one in my Serotta ATX) because this one looks a lot stronger (and probably is) and this one is more exclusive, i have never seen a second one myself.

I dig it, Bas. Looks great. Don't change a thing. :cool:

OK...maybe the little red Knog Frog. You could change that! :LOL:

I dunno, something doesn't look quite right.........

I know! Its the background, looks all wrong...... It looks out of place in your Dutch appartment- it needs changing for the hills and sweeping vistas of Northumberland or Yorkshire.
You are always welcome to come and stay over here and bring the bike but you are a busy man Bas, so it will be much easier to pop it into a nice box and send it over and I will look after it for you.

Si
;)

Dr S":3ky949ee said:
I dunno, something doesn't look quite right.........

I know! Its the background, looks all wrong...... It looks out of place in your Dutch appartment- it needs changing for the hills and sweeping vistas of Northumberland or Yorkshire.
You are always welcome to come and stay over here and bring the bike but you are a busy man Bas, so it will be much easier to pop it into a nice box and send it over and I will look after it for you.

Si
;)

i'll try to find a decent box and ship it to you, hope it will be of any use ;)

Time to stick my spoon in on the all important fork debate..... I don´t think those Tange forks are worthy of the frame, the plastic caps remind me of Tange struts, and then the horrendous Tange suspension fork... dunno, might be because everything is so top of the range, the fork just sticks out like a sore thumb, in part due to the pink Tange label, that was code back in the day for heavy and dead feeling, unlike Prestige. Probably rides like a champ tho...

Back