1997 GT LTS-DH

thanks all for your comments.

I am looking forward to taking it to Llandegla!, although its maiden voyage with this set up will probably be rhyl prom!

it is true this bike is not as gnarly as most modern bikes.

although i did line it up against my mates 07 giant glory, the angles and dimensions were very very similar ;)

giantgt1.jpg

giantgt2.jpg

giantgt3.jpg

giantgt4.jpg

some overdue pics

I got a m950 shifter to make it a bit more period, have a modern magura on it for now, v's just dont cut it with the speeds you can get up to on this baby,

want to get a period disc, but that means new hub as well, so will have to wait a while..

P6130134.jpg

P6130135.jpg

P6130136.jpg

P6130138.jpg

P6130139.jpg

P6130140.jpg

Amazing...

My next build when my latest ebay package arrives... gonna be slow so I get the right parts!!

well i have a number of options, i can degrade teh bike to a set of z1's and fit period magura's, but that wont look right really, the problem is there is a lot of flex in the boxxer canti mounts, i suppose rock shox didnt really believe anyone would use them on this fork..

i know zilch about early disc's how they perform or interchange abilty.

do i need to match hub / disck and caliper?

will have to do some research!

more pics, now with M950 shifter, levers and V's

Still riding great on its original bearings, im finding it too much fun to ride at the moment to get polishing the frame!

GT.jpg

GT2-1.jpg

P1010061.jpg

P1010060.jpg

P1010068.jpg

P1010067.jpg

Nice, the 950's look great! If you still find the flex too much on the boxxers you could try a booster?

Back