Really weak bike related claims to fame

I helped out on an MBUK test bike ride with Seb Rogers about 10 years ago. Some of my comments made it in to the review but were preceded by "Chunkier members of the wrecking crew commented that...."

:x :oops: :x :LOL:

totally off topic but i,ve just found out that one of the gents at work built the revolving number plate on the 007,s aston martin DB5 i say gent he has got to be the top sheet metal /fabricator in yorkshire (and he do,s all my ally welding scotchers) but saying that i do all his big folding jobs over 2 meters plus

My Pace was assembled by Steve Peat's mechanic Andy Kyffin. My Cougar has been spannered by David Millar's mechanic.

Have chatted about carrot cake with Mr Millar in the corner shop (that was a shock the first time I bumped into him - you don't really expect to bump into a protour rider in your cornershop do you? Even, as he was at the time a disgraced protour rider), Nick Craig usually waves a cheery hello, and Rob Hayles is often rude about my uphill speed. (They have all lived in my village). Fred Salmon has complimented me on my Pace (rightly so). & the late Jmc lived just down the road.

When Whinging Wiggins and Rob H returned from Athens with a medal or three they went for a morning training ride wearing their medals - I was commuting to work and managed to keep up with them on the climb up Peep O Day, so as not to embarass them I turned off to go down a track. ;)

Mad Cow":31wsltnu said:
Wrote an article for MBUK back in 1993, they even paid me for it!

Me! A published author :D

You never mentioned that you got paid - where's my appearance fee?

And who was principal sponsor of Mad Cow Racing???? (well I supplied the horns free of charge)! :roll:

And who usually paid for the petrol for the van ('cos Graham never had any money)?

And more all day breakfasts in Little Chefs than I care to remember ('cos none of you ever had any money)!

And who still has my tent 15 years after he borrowed it?

OK at the time it was largely my Barclays overdraft that paid for it all!

Vic was the only one with any money and he was always a tight wad! (I can insult him now he's no longer married to my sister) :LOL:

Literally bumped into David Baker in the car park after he won the NPS at Newnham (1997?)

He was completely naked. :shock:

Back