I know it's tyres but...

Yes, That's Campagnolo's other business - posh alloy road wheels for cars. that and corkscrews.

All the same company. A bit posher than Shimano's hefty involvement in the world of fishing.....

And Lamborghini's tractor division.

lambo-dl25-big.jpg

Sorry Guys, i have to differ.....I like the whole black side wall black rim look, it's only something that you can do nowdays with disc's being common place, before that dark rims just looked scruffy when you'd used the brakes a couple of times.

Flack jacket and helmet now on!!! :LOL:

I've gone for black walled Porcs on the Clockwork for the time being, only because i'm going all-black with that build.
I actually prefer amber walls or cream/white tyres to look at on most builds.

Amber walls do rock, I reckon it's a judgement call tho..

Check out CaPtBlaCk's 1990 Klein, looks incredible.. :cool:

I have Blackwall Porcs for my GT [1998]

That said, I'm picking up some Amber Onzas for my Yo Eddy [1995].. :D

12941735pq9.jpg

sylvain":2i2xdgmz said:
Campagnolo? :shock:

Sylvain - check out the Campags on the De Tomaso Pantera! I tried to bond with a Pantera owner over this subject at Goodwood once, while on a bike with some campag on it - it didn't work.

B3":cx86de1b said:
before that dark rims just looked scruffy when you'd used the brakes a couple of times.

B3, but don't you think that a silver braking surface on a black rim looks like a Fuchs wheel off a 70's/ 80's Porsche 911?

Wu-Tangled":1mgb429d said:
B3":1mgb429d said:
before that dark rims just looked scruffy when you'd used the brakes a couple of times.

B3, but don't you think that a silver braking surface on a black rim looks like a Fuchs wheel off a 70's/ 80's Porsche 911?

For that to work, you would need a consistant, machined strip, like the Bonty rims i've got, and blackwall tyres.

For reference, that Fuchs Porsche rim is one of the design classics :cool:

True, I do have a set of all black wheels (with black wall tyres) that hold up that fuchs principle better than a set of amber walls would especially as the 517's do have a machined silver surface and not a part worn strip like the wheels of old. - good point.

Definately are classics. Were produced for a long time too.

Back